1973 Copyright Extension Dump…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beeco View Post
    Isn't the story that the Brighton stuff had no vocals recorded?
    I think that is one of the prevailing theories. Unfortunately PF kind of nixed it when they included a snippet of "Breathe" (with crystal clear vocals) in the 2003 Classic Albums documentary on DSOTM. This is probably just a case of the vocals "not being up to standards", hence why we've only gotten the instrumental tracks in full.
    "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

Originally posted by JerryIsBored View Post
      Unfortunately PF kind of nixed it when they included a snippet of "Breathe" (with crystal clear vocals) in the 2003 Classic Albums documentary.
      the funny thing is that there are no any vocals at the snippet of "Breathe" in the 2003 Classic Albums documentary

https://youtu.be/qx5f-IU6mTM?t=495

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post

the funny thing is that there are no any vocals at the snippet of "Breathe" in the 2003 Classic Albums documentary

Yes there is, you can just hear the last line of Breathe here in very clear quality, David even mentions that it's Live at Brighton: https://youtu.be/jUBnS5G34IM?si=CoF4wrG97jSZIev6&t=213

Comment

• svaerige
          svaerige commented
          Editing a comment
          ha ha ha

it’s just excerpt of the regular track

David speacks about next track - On The Run / The Travel Sequence

• DesertRat
          DesertRat commented
          Editing a comment
          It is live from Brighton, as further proof, watch the monitor behind David as the track plays
          Last edited by DesertRat; 12-13-2023, 08:20 PM.

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

As for Roger's reasoning for not releasing The Wall 80-81 footage? I don't think we will ever know. He stated several times between 1987 and 2015 that he had plans on releasing it but just never followed through with it. I believe that he thinks his latest Wall tour is superior and throws the old one out of the water, but for people like myself who don't enjoy the newer one, we just get nothing out of the entire situation besides some short film/tape clips in low resolution. Just release it, man. Can you even imagine how many fans/80-81 attendees wanted to see it before they died? I think of Rolf. That guy was perhaps the biggest Wall fan that anybody could ever think of, and — at least to my knowledge — he never saw the 1999 Howard Lamden re-edit, or the 2009 edit by Roger to show his band camp. He passed 11 years ago and we still haven't seen it either. It's upsetting.
        I think the same, the recent THE WALL tour competes with the 80-81 tour. Hopefully someday........

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige

ha ha ha

it’s just excerpt of the regular track

David speacks about next track - On The Run / The Travel Sequence

No they just seamlessly fade the album version into the live version, listen carefully, it's quite clearly the live version of Breathe when David sings "...you race towards an early grave" and then it continues with The Travel Sequence.

Comment

• svaerige
            svaerige commented
            Editing a comment
            no any differences - it's exactly the same - it's album version of Breath all over

I'm afraid you're wrong.
          Listen to the beginning of this from Brighton Dome and compare it to the last bit of Breathe from the documentary. It's the same.
          ​​​​​​https://youtu.be/YG0Z9D3W88g?si=ngF_yrdHuDeVwpTj

Comment

• svaerige
            svaerige commented
            Editing a comment
            but this video/audio is a frankenstein - it's not true Brighton

please just read the annotation to this video

"I took all the available audio we have for this part of the show (The Travel Sequence from Immersion and the end of Breathe from the Classic Albums Doc) compiled to make the longest version currently available."

To my ears there's a clear difference between the album version and the version used in the documentary, so lets just agree to disagree 😉

Comment

• svaerige
            svaerige commented
            Editing a comment
            agree

there really is a subtle difference in this little snippet (balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave)

but since most of Breathe is clearly taken from the album version possibly we have an overdubbed of two versions - and it is most likely impossible to say exactly what was overdubbed - especially in part of vocals

good luck

Exactly, they fade seamlessly into each other, and it's difficult to notice because David talks over most of it. I assume it's from Brighton Dome because that's what David says and the transition into The Travel Sequence seems to indicate it as well. But of course we can't be a 100% sure unless someone can clearly confirm it.
          It's such a shame that the Brighton Dome show has never been released in complete, it's probably my favorite version of Dark Side of the Moon!

Comment

On this whole "Breathe" debate, the EPK does have David talking over it. However later in the Classic Albums documentary, that section of the song is completely unobstructed and even a bit longer. So the OaksMA video that was linked earlier is actually using Brighton audio throughout the whole thing.

I personally don't think they would've taken studio vocals and dubbed it onto this tape for this purpose, especially considering that the isolated "Breathe" vocals we can hear in the BBC Record Producer's program sound nothing like David's vocals in the Brighton recording.

Originally posted by svaerige View Post

Also just for the record on this, this is actually from the rehearsal tapes before the 72 tour even began, which is another thing in crystal clear quality that we still have yet to hear (in full, at least). Luckily we have that boot with a few of the tracks on it.
            "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

This is definitely true. Not to mention the '77 boards that David doesn't want to put out because they're not multi track recordings, which means he can't fix the slightest little fuckin flub that no one would notice but himself. David has incredibly high standards and it is the biggest reason why we always get so little. Why do you think SW's Wet Dream remix came out but Gilmour's '78 Self Titled didn't? Standards.
              Good post, sums up my frustrations. Holding back material we know they have because it's not utterly perfect, and then making official releases out of some of the crappiest audience tapes out there, is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryIsBored View Post
                I personally don't think they would've taken studio vocals and dubbed it onto this tape for this purpose, especially considering that the isolated "Breathe" vocals we can hear in the BBC Record Producer's program sound nothing like David's vocals in the Brighton recording..
                is there any way to listen to this BBC Record Producer's Program?
                that was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?

Comment

This is definitely true.
                  I've never seen any kind of proof that the Radio City Music Hall multitracks actually exist. Have you?

Not to mention the '77 boards that David doesn't want to put out because they're not multi track recordings, which means he can't fix the slightest little fuckin flub that no one would notice but himself.
                  Which soundboard recordings are you referring to? The incomplete Berlin desk recording? The only band recordings that I'm aware of are the open air recordings that they made from the tour. If they had a soundboard recording from the '77 tour, then Andy Jackson would have been trying to spruce it up for the Animals box they were attempting to assemble. Instead he was given a few of the open air recordings to mess with which were obviously not up to official release standards.

Why do you think SW's Wet Dream remix came out but Gilmour's '78 Self Titled didn't? Standards.
                  One has nothing to do with the other. Additionally, Gilmour's '78 self-titled debut was never remixed. Maybe a couple of songs at best.

Comment

• neonknight
                    neonknight commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m betting that some OAM mic recordings will be released in 2027, official or otherwise. A long time to wait, unfortunately.

Originally posted by A Prick Like You View Post
                  I wouldn’t call it greedy to protect your work from an influx of inferior product where someone else profits and you do not.
                  That's flawed (but sadly not uncommon) logic.

How is it not greedy to officially release inferior product that unsuspecting people have to pay money for when there is far better quality available for said product? Or even possibly better material (however low quality) in the official vaults? That's hardly justifiable. The only entity that profits at all under this scenario is the band and/or their management. The purchaser gets screwed no matter who they buy it from.

Comment

Originally posted by Gern Blansten View Post

That's flawed (but sadly not uncommon) logic.

How is it not greedy to officially release inferior product that unsuspecting people have to pay money for when there is far better quality available for said product? Or even possibly better material (however low quality) in the official vaults? That's hardly justifiable. The only entity that profits at all under this scenario is the band and/or their management. The purchaser gets screwed no matter who they buy it from.
                    You don't seem to have provided an alternative solution?

Comment

Originally posted by A Prick Like You View Post

You don't seem to have provided an alternative solution?
                      This PLACE provides an alternative solution!

Comment

Working...
                      X