DSTOM Redux - Green Vinyl found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSTOM Redux - Green Vinyl found!

Earlier in the old now-locked thread, we had been talking about the colored vinyl versions of DSOTM Redux and Triply summarized:

> Black LP from Roger's store
    > Transparent Orange LP from Roger's store
    > Violet LP from Amazon.co.uk
    > Blue LP from HMV.com
    > Yellow LP from FNAC.com
    > Red LP from NewburyComics.com
    > White LP from jpc.de

Which brought up the question, also asked by Booster and svaerige, "where's the green?"

Here it is: https://recordstore.co.uk/collection...green-vinyl-lp

Edit: also, since hmv.com doesn't ship outside of the UK -- the blue is also available at jpc.de and at experiencevinyl.com
    Last edited by grignr; 10-07-2023, 02:50 PM.

There also appears to be a transparent pressing available: https://www.lafeltrinelli.it/dark-si.../0711297396263.

Comment

There are 9 different coloured LPs. I have ordered all of them! The White one from JPC.de, is still in transit and the Red from Newbury and Blue from HMV are with my friend in the UK. I have received all the others, including the cassette, CD, T-shirt and art print from Roger's store.

As for the album itself, I really enjoyed it. It does not replace the original, nor is it meant to.

I have enjoyed interpretations of Floyd songs over the years, whether it's the industrial rock collection from A Saucerful of Pink, the heavy metal versions of Welcome to the Machine by Queensryche and When You're In by Tiamat, the country version of Brain Damage, the glacially slow version of Wish You Were Here by Sparklehorse and Yorke. I've enjoyed the trance remixes and I've even bought 3 CDs of the "baby" versions of Floyd songs as lullabies for my kids years ago.

Decades ago, I enjoyed Jim Morrison's "An American Prayer", as a combination of spoken word and music. I've also enjoyed "A Soldier's Tale", but I like this album a lot more, because the original foundation is so strong.

I also enjoyed the liner notes Roger penned down. He puts down his reasons for doing the album and no snarky/ sarcastic comments about his ex-band mates to sully the story. There is a genuine appreciation for their contributions to making the original record.

I can understand people not liking it, but personally, I listen to it almost every day since I got it.

It is a really cool moment for me to get the first new Pink Floyd related cassette since Echoes! I grew up during the cassette era and that is how my Floyd collection started, so I have a special place in my heart (and shelf!) for cassettes!

Comment

• svaerige
        svaerige commented
        Editing a comment
        you listened to the cassette - it's great

could you please clarify the following :

how long does outro of TGGITS ? - is it the same as CD and vinyl version or is it more longer ?

does noises crossfade from TGGITS to Money on the second side of the cassette ? - or does the intro of Money start with clean bits without overdubbed the noise crossfades ?

thanks advance
    Working...
    X