No announcement yet.

Disc Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DiscJapan is/was an AWESOME SITE, they provided QUALITY CD'S for fans of all types of groups and solo acts. The pricing was reasonable in my opinion as well. THE ONLY COMPANY THAT SHOULD BE FACING LEGAL ACTION IS PINK FLOYD'S OFFICIAL RELEASE COMPANY (whoever the hell they are). The crap that has been released officially by pink floyd, pink floyd management or pink floyd whoever over the last 30 years or so should be dealt with, not discjapan who is doing wonders (in my opinion) for those of us who like/love obtaining the stuff they have put out. THE OFFICIAL RELEASE CRAP SCHEDULE all started with the SHINE ON Box set in 1992 and has not let up since ... again, in my opinion. For those who like to say that discjapan and other companys should not be selling bootlegs, ask yourself ... should pink floyd/management be selling the absolute rubbish they offer us or should it just be available for free download somewhere so you don't have to pay for it ?? because with the stuff they offer us, that is where it should be available. I am sure the anti discjapaners have downloaded a live show here or there over the years and had no problem with guilt doing that. So, if some of us like to have the same show preserved on a Genuine silver disc for a fairly cheap price in the long run, what is the problem ? Seriously, as an example, $800 (or thereabouts), for the later years box set, which does not have every single rare thing available (im still finding stuff on the net that was not included in it) its worth probably $150 tops, $800 is criminal, not discjapan selling a cd for $40 or $50 on a genuine silver disc or even less if you obtain it on a CD-R if it is available. I could go on with heaps more but you get the picture. DISCJAPAN, you were AWESOME. PINK FLOYD / PINK FLOYD MANAGEMENT you are a JOKE.
    Last edited by pinksmile; 10-06-2023, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• ruben77
      ruben77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly when was The Later Years priced at $800? (or what currency are you using?)

• Oneslip17
      Oneslip17 commented
      Editing a comment
      The retail price for The Later Years box was $479 USD.

Originally posted by Llama View Post
    My guess would be that it's not the guys, it's their suits..
    Yeah, but they still have to sign up the suits, so of course it's them in the end.
    Plus these things have been going on for years, these suits have been hitting private individuals even for offering their bootlegs on Ebay etc....

Comment

The problem with saying "they deserve what they get for screwing over the people who did hard work" is that the nasty pricks in suits going after them are officially releasing material that is far worse quality (random 80's bootlegs) in an attempt to stop the same "collector curated" stuff from being available at all, so in a sense they are doing worse damage than these bootleggers are, and they are also giving a false impression to general consumers that it's something great and the best that can be done. It's an inept argument and you of all people should know this.

So overall the band's management are ruthlessly vindictive and giving a huge middle finger to the fans, whether they realize it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gern Blansten View Post
        So overall the band's management are ruthlessly vindictive and giving a huge middle finger to the fans, whether they realize it or not.
        In my opinion, these words are very emotional.

The whole sadness is that the management of the group has choked on the legacy of four of our guys and can't do anything about it. The legacy of the great band has turned into a suitcase without a handle: it's hard to carry, but it's a pity to leave​.

The situation is idiotic, yes.
        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Originally posted by YASHA View Post

The legacy of the great band has turned into a suitcase without a handle: it's hard to carry, but it's a pity to leave​.
          I really like the way you stated this
          Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Originally posted by buffalofloyd View Post

I really like the way you stated this

This is an aphorism, a proverb. I am glad that this comparison turned out to be very successful.
            Last edited by YASHA; 11-07-2023, 05:24 PM.

TBS14

Comment

Originally posted by YASHA View Post

This is an aphorism, a proverb. I am glad that this comparison turned out to be very successful.
              You should have just told me that you made it up lol
              Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Originally posted by buffalofloyd View Post

You should have just told me that you made it up lol
                I think I still have enough time to establish myself as a wise man who casually drops priceless words

TBS14

Comment

I wish they'd sort this out. I always thought the Japan laws re bootlegs were 'flexible - I went in one shop in Tokyo on a business trip and was amazed it was floor to ceiling bootlegs . You'd think Zeppelin and the Stones management would hop on to the lawsuit if it had merit.

Comment

Working...
                  X