Wish You Were Beer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish You Were Beer!

A buddy of mine just sent me this from his holiday on the North Sea.
    Wish I was there.
    Attached Files

Approved by Saint Nick

Comment

While we're at it, here's an adaptation of a magazine cover with a football theme: "The Dark Side of Football"
      Attached Files

Comment

And another adaptation in an advertisement for a speaker manufacturer: "Just arrived from The Dark Side"
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beethoven - Klaviersonate Nr. 5.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	354022

A sales hit via packaging: Alex Steinweiss' design of the cover of Beethoven's "Piano Sonata No. 5" anticipated the classic cover of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" developed more than 30 years later by the British design studio Hipgnosis. Even if on the new interpretation the piano has become a glass triangle.

Revolution in color
          Sales increase by 895 percent! Until the end of the thirties, record sleeves were just a bleak protection for the sensitive sound carrier. Then came Alex Steinweiss. 70 years ago, the graphic artist invented the album cover - and revolutionized the music world. einestages shows his best works. By Benjamin Maack​

https://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/e...ke-108429.html

Comment

I’ve always been slightly curious about the number of colours refracted by TDSotM prism. White light passing through a prism produces seven colours yet the Dark Side cover artwork shows just six, for some reason omitting indigo.
            Oddly the Piano Sonata artwork also only shows six colours as well but different to Dark Side's.​

Comment

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post
              I’ve always been slightly curious about the number of colours refracted by TDSotM prism. White light passing through a prism produces seven colours yet the Dark Side cover artwork shows just six, for some reason omitting indigo.​
              I have two guesses: 1 is that it may have been deemed too expensive a colour to use in bulk (but the Piano Sonata example kind of goes against that) 2. Design wise they may have decided the aesthetics weren't good enough, because the indigo doesn't contrast well enough with the black background.

Comment

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post
                I’ve always been slightly curious about the number of colours refracted by TDSotM prism. White light passing through a prism produces seven colours yet the Dark Side cover artwork shows just six, for some reason omitting indigo.
                Oddly the Piano Sonata artwork also only shows six colours as well but different to Dark Side's.​
                The original design actually had 7 colours. However, they then dispensed with the 7th colour stripe in indigo because it would have been problematic for the offset printing of the record covers to reproduce this colour correctly.

Pink Floyd: Who owns the rainbow?
                https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...ns-the-rainbow
                Last edited by Pittylabelle; 07-02-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pittylabelle View Post

The original design actually had 7 colours. However, they then dispensed with the 7th colour stripe in indigo because it would have been problematic for the offset printing of the record covers to reproduce this colour correctly.

Pink Floyd: Who owns the rainbow?
                  https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...ns-the-rainbow
                  Thanks for the info. and edit/update link, very interesting. Are you able to translate just the relevant section (around the 2:00' mark) where it is being discussed? or is it basically what you have already stated above.

Comment

• Pittylabelle
                    Pittylabelle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's just a spoken sentence and it's basically what I already said ;-)

• Journey Man
                    Journey Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK, thanks :-)

• Pittylabelle
                    Pittylabelle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately, these Arte documentaries are often only available in German or French.

A little bit like Dark Side ...

Neumann MT 48
                  https://mt48.neumann.com​

Comment

Originally posted by Pittylabelle View Post
                    A little bit like Dark Side ...

Neumann MT 48
                    https://mt48.neumann.com​
                    yummy
                    If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Working...
                    X