No announcement yet.

"In a World Full of Flowers" comp on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have emailed - I think that they are French like me. Did you got the FLAC files ? apparently there is a PayPal account, thus I don't know if this are donation for their work or if they sell these sets.
    Some source are commonly known or circulating via The Trader's Den or Ass Blaster releases (I'm talking about ELO or other bands). But they have some taste for the artworks and some compilation are interesting.

I thought that the alternate take of Careful With That Axe, Eugene from Pompeii was on the Early Years box set. Is there another alternate take from Pompeii coming from the bootleg world and not from the official box set ? Apparently Prof.Stoned for his Pompeii use as a bonus the E.Years box set.
    It sounds to me like if they have "doctored" and level the sound to make it more punchy and homogeneous.
    Don't forget that there is also a "corrected" version of "Celestial Instruments" with the band in the right audio perspective (it's "reversed" on the official Early Years box set), and Ummagumma reduction mixes by MOB - and it's "Early Relics" set (perhaps The Embryo is taken from there). But I can hear nothing from Ummmagumma here; it's like you said BBC, Pompeii, and Amsterdam August 1969 (aka Celestial Instruments).

Comment

• Rex
      Rex commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure about the alt take, I lined up the Prof Stoned version and it is around 4db louder than the version on the compilation. I ripped the audio from YouTube using the '4K YouTube to Mp3' app, 4K YuTube video downloader also has an audio option. There is no Flac downloader/converter as far as I am aware?

• R&UT
      R&UT commented
      Editing a comment
      Salut Ruppert, effectivement R&UT est Français. J'habite en Charente-Maritime

I ripped the youtube version with Jdownloader then convert it to FLAC using Reaper (with dither on) (choosing the high-res 1080 on youtube; but keep in mind that if this a 1080p version/source has been uploaded by the owner of the youtube account, an higher video resolution is just Youtube upscaling the video and audio); and lossy will be lossy.
    I hope to get an email answer to get the real thing. We'll see.

I'm intrigued by the Pompeii alternate take; perhaps this has been slightly edited - I'm sure the only source is the Early Years box set. Unless you doctored an embryonic version combining the Pompeii version + the alternate take.

Comment

• R&UT
      R&UT commented
      Editing a comment
      Pour être exact le fichier audio de cette vidéo est un .wav 48khz mais quoiqu'on fasse Youtube compresse le son.

J'avais essayé de t'envoyer un mail, je ne sais pas si tu l'as reçu. J'aurais bien aimé avoir l'artwork pour me faire un CD et les fichiers FLAC.

Now, there is a new compilation since yesterday. Good idea! I have always liked David Gilmour first opus; and Rick Wright Wet Dream is one of my favorite album. (there are some superb melody such as Pink's Song which as haunting melody that could have been on The Wall). No with some A.I piano special extraction I wonder if this could be possible to extract all piano track from Rick's Wet Dream album. I have been able to do it perfectly for Pink's Song, but Holiday has unfortunately some audio artefacts (there must be some kind of reverb on the acoustic guitar) making the piano instrumental version not possible with this so-said "A.I" special piano extractions. (I'm trying to do the same for Nicky Hopkins (which is one of my favorite pianist, more than Richard Clayderman) : his trademark piano-lick on Jealous Guy is superb; I've been able to get a piano instrumental of his arrangement for Joe Cocker of You Are So Beautiful written and originally sung by Billy Preston; Harry Nilsson's Remember, but the Stones Times Is Waiting For No One can't be done.)
    Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 06-22-2023, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Welcome to this board ! 🙂

could you please share this new Floyd (with artwork and tracked flac files) ? it's really a wonderful set :"Lose Your Mind And Find Your Soul"
      Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 06-22-2023, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• R&UT
        R&UT commented
        Editing a comment
        .....heu......dans quel but?
    Working...
    X