X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"In a World Full of Flowers" comp on Youtube

Has anyone else watched this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08unwwGa_zs&t=3025s

It's partly Amsterdam '69, but there are other things going on. I thought it was a fascinating listen. Maybe some of you with the trained ears can chime in with more details?
    Off surfing with Linda, of course...

This is cool, wish youtube had lossless either way I'm going to try and track the lossless version of it

Comment

• aybesea
      aybesea commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a cursory check and found nothing. Hopefully you can get to bottom of this???

Worst case Ill recreated it with a lossless source

Comment

That sounds like the Ummagumma version of Saucerful to my ears. Maybe the rough mix from Careful with those Tracks rather than the final album version.

Comment

I put a comment on the Youtube page asking for the deets. We'll see if he chooses to respond. If these are all standard sources, then it feels like he may have rejiggered the sound profile somehow. I was seriously grooving on this last night late.

Comment

• Rex
          Rex commented
          Editing a comment
          The bulk of the source may well be Prof Stoned's reworkings, had a listen to a few bits side by side and they match Prof's 'The Man & the Journey' redo & 'Careful...' seems to be from his 'Pompeii' redo. Embryo & The Paradiso tracks are likely from TEY.

It is a nice compilation and an enjoyable listen, I love these albums that never were, they're right down my alley.

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
        I put a comment on the Youtube page asking for the deets. We'll see if he chooses to respond. If these are all standard sources, then it feels like he may have rejiggered the sound profile somehow. I was seriously grooving on this last night late.

They have maybe used a smiley-face EQ and a stereo imaging plugin to increase the perceived fidelity slightly and really push the stereo-ness of the source material.

Comment

pretty cool! i hope that we can obtain a copy!

Comment

Ha, I replied to the reply on your post without even realising. The video showed up on my feed yesterday so I gave it a listen, it's a great compilation and quite a nice little trip.

Comment

Rex thanks for the insight on track origins. I agree, I found this to be a really enjoyable comp. It is well thought out. Wonder how hard it would be to replicate it? I ripped the audio for the YT post, but it's lossy and not a proper keeper for me.

Comment

• Rex
                Rex commented
                Editing a comment
                If the tracks were levelled to match I could probably replicate the mix, or close enough. I have all of the tracks at hand but would have to adjust the volume levels by ear and wouldn't wanna eff it up.

perhaps he (she?) is a member there ? perhaps he could provided the tracked files in flac format.

This reminds me 2 blogs (these blogs are there since a long time) : http://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com
              there is a lot of live album recordings here; and some studio "imaginary... what if?"
              The old archives don't work completely because zippyshare disappear so he had to replace all the links.
              This is very electric; there are the Floyds too, but many artists/bands.

the other one is there since several years now : https://albums1136.rssing.com/chan-48280428/latest.php
              you never stopped to imagine a "what if" the Beatles did not break up...
              The Who "Tennis" album is very interesting...

of course for the BBC stuff, check before JWB/Ass Blaster releases or Prof.Stoned blog for the best sources...

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 05-10-2023, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Rex
                Rex commented
                Editing a comment
                They have responded to me in the past but they are a bit hit and miss in responding. They are French but speak English (or respond in English at least) & if they are creating the artworks then they are likely an artist or graphic designer by trade & music is their hobby.

That second link you provide is SonicLoveNoize he still has a blog and did all of the Beatles reimaaginings there too, as well as a four or five Floyd offerings. His new site is here https://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/

If you like this kind of compilation and specifically this content then you should check out SonicLoveNoize's 'Albums that never were' blog, he has done a cracking studio version of 'The Man & the Journey' which is well worth a listen.

Comment

Rex thanks for the insight on track origins. I agree, I found this to be a really enjoyable comp. It is well thought out. Wonder how hard it would be to replicate it? I ripped the audio for the YT post, but it's lossy and not a proper keeper for me.
                didn't you get an answer form his (her) youtube account first ? Often, people accept kindly to share it privately in lossless file. I would doubt that he (or she) was not a member of Y!

Comment

I can figure out Paradiso 68 for Set The Controls, August 69 Amsterdam (aka Celestial Instruments) for Celestial Voices. The most intriguing track being the alternate take of Careful with That Axe, Eugene (from Pompeii ? But somehow the edit is different).
                  This is a f... good compilation! I would have liked to have the FLAC, burn it on vintage CD-R vinyl-like and print the artwork. It's really worth trying to contact the team behind this great compilation.
                  This is more interesting to me that the Returning Echoes expanded 3 CD compilation (which is a silver RoIO)​

Comment

I have sent an email; did not know they were French; I remember that once a time ago this was a blog; but forgot the url; Well, will see...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
                      I can figure out Paradiso 68 for Set The Controls, August 69 Amsterdam (aka Celestial Instruments) for Celestial Voices. The most intriguing track being the alternate take of Careful with That Axe, Eugene (from Pompeii ? But somehow the edit is different).
                      This is a f... good compilation! I would have liked to have the FLAC, burn it on vintage CD-R vinyl-like and print the artwork. It's really worth trying to contact the team behind this great compilation.
                      This is more interesting to me that the Returning Echoes expanded 3 CD compilation (which is a silver RoIO)​
                      Careful With That Axe... is the alternate take from Pompeii that can be found on various boots, Set the Controls & ASoS are both from Celestial Instruments, Massed Gadgets of Hercules is from The BBC 25th Jun 1968.

Not sure if they have used Prof Stoned material as source or if they have they have tinkered with it slightly. I have all of the tracks trimmed & lined up ready to mix, just need to balance the volume levels and render the mix.

I have already screen grabbed the artwork and edited it slightly (to fold in the middle) Click image for larger version  Name:	Cover.jpg Views:	0 Size:	455.4 KB ID:	313251 Click image for larger version  Name:	folder.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.0 KB ID:	313252

Comment

Working...
                      X