Definitive SBD/OAM/IEM Boot List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YASHA View Post

Gilmore could have worked with the material of the 1977-shows using "Artificial Intelligence".
    This is what I’ve been wondering about with AI, whether one day it would be possible to isolate instruments and build a recording from there

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
      The only thing that is total bullshit is your information. There weren't any soundboard recordings from the 1977 tour, only OAR's.
      At least one of the crew guys from the tour who went on the Fingal’s Cave podcast mentioned they had done both, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post

At least one of the crew guys from the tour who went on the Fingal’s Cave podcast mentioned they had done both, no?
        Chris Cockram told the story about the two tape decks one for David and one for Roger . But if i remember correctly, he did not say how it was recorded. I’d say OAR but don’t know. I could ask him or Andy if it helps us anyhow…

Best
        Nils
        FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
        Youtube
        Apple Podcast
        Amazon Music
        Spotify
        Deezer
        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post

Andy told me that he had worked on a couple of OAR's and presented them to Gilmour. He never had any soundboards and there aren't any AFAIK. Certainly not in their possession. I sent him the best that we have from the 1977 tour as a reference. I also sent him upgrades of the early BBC recordings which he mentioned in the podcast.
          Last edited by rontoon; 06-27-2024, 09:16 PM.

Comment

The next Fingal's Cave will be essential listening

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post

Chris Cockram told the story about the two tape decks one for David and one for Roger . But if i remember correctly, he did not say how it was recorded. I’d say OAR but don’t know. I could ask him or Andy if it helps us anyhow…

Best
              Nils
              As I have mentioned before, the Nakamichi 600 recorded tapes are really similar to the best audience recordings we have, and I think examples may surface on the 50 year rule if Pink Floyd do not act. Here's an article that some people here probably already have: https://we.tl/t-HLGwh52MIb (link expires in 7 days). It doesn't add much, but if you haven't seen it, I am sure you will find it interesting.

Comment

- Live at Théâtre du Huitième, Lyon (France) - 16 October 1968 (telecast)

First time I see it's available? Where?
                If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Originally posted by neonknight View Post
                  The next Fingal's Cave will be essential listening
                  Always is.

Comment

Originally posted by gotta_be_crazy View Post

unless an INA video leaked; I can think of a SBD version of this gig.
                    On MOB compilation box set, there are several 1968-69 performance (le bilboquet, Abbey de Royaumont....) - as far as I can tell Lyon was an old AM broadcast recording available via Cochon Production.
                    but I can't think of a pristine FM rebroadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post

unless an INA video leaked; I can think of a SBD version of this gig.
                      On MOB compilation box set, there are several 1968-69 performance (le bilboquet, Abbey de Royaumont....) - as far as I can tell Lyon was an old AM broadcast recording available via Cochon Production.
                      but I can't think of a pristine FM rebroadcast.
                      Hi there Rupert. I don't think that date is available in any form and I don't remember it being available on that MOB compilation you mention. But I can be wrong of course, I just checked and I don't see it. And the Lyon AM Broadcast from Cochon should be the concert from June 12th 1971.
                      Last edited by gotta_be_crazy; 06-28-2024, 01:11 PM.
                      If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post

This is what I’ve been wondering about with AI, whether one day it would be possible to isolate instruments and build a recording from there
                        Yes, that's what I meant too.

Moreover, we already have one such experiment.:

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...ixed-by-chi166
                        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Hi there Rupert. I don't think that date is available in any form and I don't remember it being available on that MOB compilation you mention. But I can be wrong of course, I just checked and I don't see it. And the Lyon AM Broadcast from Cochon should be the concert from June 12th 1971.
                          the Lyon is not on the This Place (MOB) compilation : it's a collection of INA broadcasts (Bilboquet "Let There Be More Light", etc...)
                          the Lyon - Cochon Production was perhaps sourced from an AM broadcast but it is a 1971 gig. I remember the Cymbaline version was awesome. Not a 1968 show. Sorry.
                          Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 06-29-2024, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Doesn't seem to circulate, as noted, but setlist.fm has a setlist, probably submitted by an attendee:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pink-...e-bd705ca.html

Would've been especially cool to see them play "It Would Be So Nice" and "Matilda Mother" live. If there is footage to be leaked, here's hoping it does!

Comment

• Journey Man
                              Journey Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It's always curious how an exact setlist is recalled 50+ years later unless you wrote it down at the time or recorded the show. The entry was submitted by Stevie Dixon (aka Serge Dumonteil) who has an interesting website Rock in Lyon.
                              http://www.steviedixon.com/

• Astronought
                              Astronought commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I share your "curiosity" about such things, especially with any particularly interesting or surprising inclusions in the set. I've definitely seen people talk about shows they definitely saw, remembering things that definitely didn't happen. In this case, it doesn't seem too far-fetched that they would still play MM. IWBSN would be more of a surprise. This was also apparently a telecast, so there might actually be a slip of paper in some archive with that information on it. Most likely, though, it is indeed based on the recollections of the gentleman you mention there.

found this : https://www.linflux.com/lyon-et-regi...uin-68-a-lyon/

some infos about this gig : would there their first gig in 1968 (300 people on a small room) and the next year at Lyon too 15000 at the Palais des Sports (but I think that this was in fact 1971 and not the following year (1969) of what they say was their premiere concert in France in 1968 at Lyon. - I have to check.
                            No info about the set list in 1968. They said that at the time the Floyd was barely known but they paid the plane for us to come at Lyon :

" C’est surtout un groupe presque inconnu en France de quatre chanteurs qui retint notre attention, ils se faisaient appeler “Pink Floyd”. Aller et retour en avion payés, mais sans autre contrat en poche, ils acceptèrent de venir chanter pour la première fois en France, au 8e. On était en octobre 1968 : trois cents personnes dans la salle ! Un an après, ils se produisaient au Palais des sports de Lyon devant quinze mille spectateurs. On avait eu du flair avec l’ami Jim !"
                            Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 06-30-2024, 03:09 AM.

Comment

By the way, regarding the Lyon 1971 show, has this recording been torrented at Y! and if yes, could it be seeded here ?
                              [ FM ] Europe 1 Radio Studios, France – 1st Gen (Neonknight) (Cass(1) > WAV(24-bit/48kHz) > FLAC)

So far, the best source I had is this one. I don't know that a first gen of the FM broadcast was shared :
                              Pink Floyd 1971-06-12 Lyon AM radio recording, neonknight low gen tape [24-96]

Comment

• neonknight
                                neonknight commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I believe that my 2017 24/96 release is currently the best source for this recording.
                            Working...
                            X