Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Grail Bootlegs

Hi guys I hope you're all good and well

I'm really happy Yeeshkul lives on through this forum. I was always a lurker on Yeeshkul but I still loved the community, and now with this forum I decided it's about time I stopped lurking and started a topic myself, so here we go! The holy grail bootleg for me is Eric Clapton on July 26, 2006 in Augustenborg, Denmark...I've been searching for years! And I wondered if asking anyone of this cool community might help? Derek Trucks (who was on tour with Clapton in 2006) describes this show as Clapton blowing everyone off stage. Me being a Clapton fan I know how mercurial he is and how he rarely plays at his best (he holds back a lot). Derek Trucks describes to Marc Maron in his podcast how Clapton just destroyed everyone this gig. Like Clapton was saying "i'm gonna show you motherf**ker's who's over the hill!", very exciting stuff! So I've been looking for years and know it exists because of the wonderful geetarz site, so finally I thought why not ask here? And while I'm asking I could create a topic for holy grail bootlegs, so anyone can ask and see who has a copy to share. So thank you for reading my post and it you have a copy please share brother and if you don't please tell me what your holy grail bootleg is, Thank you.

Erik

did you try guitars101 or The Trader's Den ? I'm sure a show like a 2006 gig has been recorded; don't except a SBD recording (this happens sometimes), but I would be very surprised if an audience rec does not circulating.

Comment

hxxps://www.guitars101.com/threads/eric-clapton-2006-07-07-lucca-it-sbd-flac-by-mid-valley-381-382.774299/

not "your" show, but a SBD from 2006 (with some other partial gigs recorded). I can't believe that Clapton was good only on one particular show.
      I will try to have a look and I will get back to you if I find your gig ;-)

Comment

Yeah I've tried both guitars101 and Traders Den Aaand Pirates Bay and a few others. Thanks for the response though Mr. Pupkin :-) I appreciate it brother. I'm a big blues fan and I feel Clapton always plays great, but rarely plays flat out like he's done at say Ronnie Scott's in '87 for instance. Or when he was with the dominos or a gig he did in 1985.07.18 in L.A. I feel generally he needs another great player breathing down his neck to really go for it, and when he does oh my!! Derek Trucks said he played incredible this gig so I'm really interested haha! Thanks for the help bro ☀️
        Last edited by ErikTheIrishViking; 04-27-2023, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I've tried to download it for you, but it's without seeds. Perhaps if you try long enough, a seed will come online and you should be able to grab it. I believe it's without a tracker, so hopefully it works. Attached is the torrent file, good luck!

The 2006 tour was fabulous, I saw it in Rotterdam, Netherlands. What a dream line up, Jordan on drums, Doyle and Derek... what a night!
          Attached Files

Comment

• ErikTheIrishViking
            ErikTheIrishViking commented
            Editing a comment
            :-) Ah man what a tour it was! Very reminiscent of the original 'Derek & The Dominos' with Clapton and Trucks dueling on 'Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad' every night. I saw Clapton for the first time this year for his new years bash which was amazing! and I'm going to the Jeff Beck Concert. But even so still a bit jealous you got to see him with that lineup, that must of been fantastic! Thanks for your help brother I really appreciate it. Fingers crossed a seed appears, Thanks again man :-)

I've been looking for this Festival for forever. It was a Michigan thing that is highly revered in these parts, yet I've never heard any of it except a Cincinnati TV broadcast where Grand Funk was playing in the background.

Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
            I've been looking for this Festival for forever. It was a Michigan thing that is highly revered in these parts, yet I've never heard any of it except a Cincinnati TV broadcast where Grand Funk was playing in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMVVfFrKFc8

Comment

A few more vids here;

https://www.festivival.com/history/g...-festival-1970

Lots of great pics here;

https://www.mlive.com/galleries/4UD7...IWMKI6ANHTRF4/

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WoiuP5yvUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7RFG000QGo

Should keep you going for a while :-)

Comment

direwolf thank you brother, it is most appreciated!
                  Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

The Stooges set has been released by Third Man records a few years ago. Incidently it was the very last concert of the original Stooges lineup.

Comment

Thanks direwolf and aybesea for this. I live <5 miles from Goose Lake and pass it regularly so it's cool to put the area into new light. I'd never heard of this and it looks pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikTheIrishViking View Post
                        Ah man what a tour it was! Very reminiscent of the original 'Derek & The Dominos' with Clapton and Trucks dueling on 'Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad' every night. ....
                        Did they play "Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad" in 2006? I say them on Sep 20, 2006 at the United Center, Chicago and they didn't play that track. I also saw them on July 28, 2007 at the Toyota Park in Bridgeview, Illinois (Crossroads 2007, 12 hour concert from noon to midnight for $90)
                        Last edited by fatoldpig; 04-28-2023, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• fatoldpig
                          fatoldpig commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I meant; he didn't play that track in Chicago on Sep 20, 2006. My 2007 crossroads comment was not related to that track.

• ErikTheIrishViking
                          ErikTheIrishViking commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ah I get what you mean now ha, boy am I slow. Must of been incredible!!

• fatoldpig
                          fatoldpig commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, it was

Wow, that is quite the lineup.

Comment

Just to be greedy, I have two 'Holy Grail' shows, both of which I attended and they are my #1 and #2 all time best live shows that I saw in person.
                          The first is The League of Gentlemen at the London School of Economics, November 29th 1980 (their last ever show).
                          The second is King Crimson at West Runton Pavillion, Cromer, March 12th 1982. I was fortunate to have a reasonably long conversation with Robert Fripp at the bar after the show.
                          I doubt that either show was recorded, but you never know. Maybe the LSE students made themselves a copy from the desk?

Comment

Working...
                          X