No announcement yet.

Holy Grail Bootlegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowing how Fripp and company are, they probably were recorded by the band, but never released, likely because the quality is shit. The only reason Earthbound ever got released despite not fitting anyone's definition of a "quality recording" was because EG Records demanded they released something in 72.
    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

If you've never listened to Earthbound, DGM themselves describe the recording lineage as "captured live on an Ampex stereo cassette fed from a Kelsey Morris custom built mixer ... in the rain from the back of a Volkswagen truck."​"

Comment

Originally posted by PMATS View Post
        Just to be greedy, I have two 'Holy Grail' shows, both of which I attended and they are my #1 and #2 all time best live shows that I saw in person.
        The first is The League of Gentlemen at the London School of Economics, November 29th 1980 (their last ever show).
        The second is King Crimson at West Runton Pavillion, Cromer, March 12th 1982. I was fortunate to have a reasonably long conversation with Robert Fripp at the bar after the show.
        I doubt that either show was recorded, but you never know. Maybe the LSE students made themselves a copy from the desk?
        I have a pretty thorough KC collection, but I've never seen 1982-03-12. I have the surrounding shows on 03-10 and 03-15.
        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Speaking of KC I recently read Bill Bruford’s autobiography and I highly suggest it.
          Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Originally posted by daemonspudguy View Post
            If you've never listened to Earthbound, DGM themselves describe the recording lineage as "captured live on an Ampex stereo cassette fed from a Kelsey Morris custom built mixer ... in the rain from the back of a Volkswagen truck."​"
            Yeah... that Peoria jam is pure fire! Sailors' tale too.
            Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post

I have a pretty thorough KC collection, but I've never seen 1982-03-12. I have the surrounding shows on 03-10 and 03-15.
              The 10th is out on DGM, there wasn't a show on the 15th. Do you mean the 14th (Poole Arts Centre)? I was at that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post

Yeah... that Peoria jam is pure fire! Sailors' tale too.
                Earthbound probably was the best performance of the Boz-led jam band era of Krimson. I just wish it didn't sound like it was recorded in the back of a pickup truck during a storm, but it always will because that's what it is.

Comment

Working...
                X