Best cheeseburger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CosmicWanderer View Post
    the original shake shack in Manhattan. i used to have an office right by it but i could only ever go when it was raining, the lines were so long. they opened a chain not too long ago but nowhere is as good as that original shake shack. great fries and milkshakes too.
    I've been going there since the Madison Square Park original - the burgers haven't changed a bit. The fries have had their ups and downs though.

Comment

I buy fresh ground beef at butcher and add garlic salt and chopped onions to the meat. Then press patties using a burger press from Pampered Chef that creates perfect, uniform patties. I set my Pit Boss to 225F but quickly sear the patties in a skillet before putting them on the grill to smoke. While they are smoking, I also have some sliced jalapenos and habaneros roasting in some olive oil in a foil boat in the smoker. When the patties reach 145F, I put the jalapenos and habaneros on top and then a slice of cheddar or swiss to lock the peppers in. Top with 2 strips of bacon and some avocado on a toasted brioche bun. I don't use any other condiments as I prefer to let the flavors of the meet, cheese, bacon and peppers do the talking...

In 'n Out is a no go for me... they do not have jalapenos (at least the few times I tried them). Five Guys is way over priced. Shake Shack is consistently delicious and my favorite for chain burgers.

Comment

Where are the vegans?

Comment

Had a cheeseburger at P.J. Clarke's, NYC, back in 2001. It was great.

Comment

Working...
          X