Best cheeseburger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cheeseburger?

What is the best cheesburger in your opinion? Whether it be fast food burgers, or gourmet ones, what is your favorite?
    Careful with That Axe, Eugene....

My Favorite Versions of Careful with That Axe
    1. Live at Pompeii
    2. Ummagumma
    3. Belgium, 1969 (Music Power and European Music Revolution)
    4. Brighton Dome, 1972
    5. Boblingen, 1972
    6. New York, Radio City Music Hall, 1973
    7. BBC Radio Session, 1970
    8. Carnegie Hall, 1972

Personally, I believe that In-N-Out has the best fast-food burger, and Shake Shack has the best sit-down burger, as in, it is not prepared quickly and with cheaper ingredients.
    Careful with That Axe, Eugene....

My Favorite Versions of Careful with That Axe
    1. Live at Pompeii
    2. Ummagumma
    3. Belgium, 1969 (Music Power and European Music Revolution)
    4. Brighton Dome, 1972
    5. Boblingen, 1972
    6. New York, Radio City Music Hall, 1973
    7. BBC Radio Session, 1970
    8. Carnegie Hall, 1972

Comment

Fuddruckers. Because the burger and bun are awesome, and they have a full fixins bar which you never see much anymore.

Comment

• CarefulWithThatAxe1472
        CarefulWithThatAxe1472 commented
        Editing a comment
        Only tried Fuddruckers one time. If I recall, they had some decent chicken tenders.

Best burger that I ever had was at The Village Burger in Waimea HI. They raise happy cows there, in giant rolling pastures next to the Pacific. Everything is ridiculously organic and positively delicious!
      Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

• CarefulWithThatAxe1472
        Editing a comment
        What do you get on your burgers?

• aybesea
        aybesea commented
        Editing a comment
        The usual suspects... lettuce, tomato, maui onion, and a basket of fries

The Cowfish® Sushi Burger Bar at Universal Orlando.

3 grassed beef patties, crispy bacon, peanut butter, fried bananas, topped with an egg, and I believe I went with Swiss cheese, with a side of fries.

Comment

• CarefulWithThatAxe1472
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry, peanut butter and fried bananas? How would that even taste like? Also, Elvis liked peanut butter and banana sandwiches, which is pretty neat.
        Last edited by CarefulWithThatAxe1472; 04-08-2023, 12:16 AM.

• Elisto54
        Elisto54 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you still breathe after all that? 😂

The best are the ones I make.... lol

For fast junk food I'd agree In N Out is one of the better ones. One of the most overrated being Five Guys. Really an impossible question with only subjective answers though. Even the same chain can vary greatly depending on where in the world you are.

Comment

I buy Hamburger bread and burger meat, then I put the burger meat in the frying pan. I roast it until it is finished, then takes it off the pan and lies a piece of cheddar cheese on top of it. Then I put some salat at the burger bread, and then lies the burger meat with the cheddar on top of that. On top of the burger meat, I put a piece of tomato, and probably another piece of salad if I want it. Then I take a bottle of dressing and pile a little bit of it on the burger, and then I take a bottle of ketchup and do the same thing.
      then I take the upper half of the burger bread and lie it on top, and then I eat the burger!
      Yum yum yum! a homemade burger tastes very good, much better than the fastfood garnage that McDonalds and Burger King makes - those are after all not real burgers at all! And it's so easy and cheap that even a poor student like me can afford to make a proper burger once in a while, and it actually tastes good!

Comment

Here's a funny topic for me as a European...

I’ve never had a burger in my life, but if I ever come to the States, I’m gonna try!
        Mind you, I could eat it here, of course. Precisely, a national brand called "Holy Cow! Gourmet Burger" recently opened a branch near my home (even that Hindus are protesting because of the name...).
        I'll have to go take a look​ 🐄

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	214
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	309345Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	213
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	309346​​
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Elisto54; 04-08-2023, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Llama
          Llama commented
          Editing a comment
          maybe, it's due to me being an American but i could not imagine a life without ever having a cheeseburger!

i like to make my burgers on my PIT BOSS grill. they come out super juicy and have smoke rings in them. i always throw on cheese and usually go with some bacon that i throw on the grill as well. fun fact: if you throw on a pound of bacon at the start of the grilling session, you have a snack as you cook your burgers. lol i also have to toast the buns!

Comment

• Elisto54
          Elisto54 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to say, it smells great up to here! 🍔

In-N-Out just never appealed to me, I like 5 Guys and Culvers (Home of the Butter Burger!). Could be that I don't like the whole garden-on-a-bun thing,Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce is usually all I have on it.
        Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
        PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
        Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
        Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
        Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

• CarefulWithThatAxe1472
          Editing a comment
          Have you tried plain In-N-Out? It's quite nice. I get a plain double-double, with extra spread and grilled onions. A tad slippery, but good overall.

Fast food - Wendy's or Pal's (https://www.palsweb.com/) Sit down chain restaurants - Southern Burger or Red Robins Travis

Comment

• CarefulWithThatAxe1472
          Editing a comment
          I have never heard of Pal's. I'm assuming they are similar in, if not better quality, to In-N-Out? They have been awarded the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, according to Wikipedia.org, it is the "highest formal recognition of the performance excellence of both public and private U.S. organizations given by the President of the United States."

• DeepCreatures
          DeepCreatures commented
          Editing a comment
          Pal's is a predominantly southern fast food chain with, from what I can gather, pretty tight control over the way their places are ran. Very consistent, no matter which one you go to.

5 Guys is my fave. Never been to In & Out, they don’t exist in my part of the country.

Comment

How do you make your burgers?
          -Lean ground beef pressed into an old yogurt lid with a fork
          -light dusting of garlic powder on the raw meat
          -on bbq, once flipped add a thin ring of sliced red bell pepper (optional), which then houses bbq sauce (usually Bullseye infused with red chili flakes)
          -when nearly finished add aged cheddar cheese, close the lid to melt

Serve on whole wheat buns picked up from the bakery fresh that day

I usually have a mixture of ketchup + mayo, lettuce, tomato, very thin raw onion slices on the bun. If I happen to have bacon I might add a couple crispy strips, but I sometimes find that to be too overpowering.

Burgers should be grilled, not fried!

Comment

the original shake shack in Manhattan. i used to have an office right by it but i could only ever go when it was raining, the lines were so long. they opened a chain not too long ago but nowhere is as good as that original shake shack. great fries and milkshakes too.

Comment

• CarefulWithThatAxe1472
              Editing a comment
              Shake Shack is very pricey, but very good. It's consistently been one of the best burgers I've ever had. They have very nice shakes.

Originally posted by CosmicWanderer View Post
            the original shake shack in Manhattan. i used to have an office right by it but i could only ever go when it was raining, the lines were so long. they opened a chain not too long ago but nowhere is as good as that original shake shack. great fries and milkshakes too.
            Okay. First i thought…what a weird post, let’s see if there will be any answers. Then i realized, the US is a different kind…and now i can even quote CosmicWanderer because he is right. I was in Manhattan in 2014 and had a burger at Shake Shack (long queue yes!) and it was and still is the best burger i had in my life.

Best
            Nils
            FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
            Youtube
            Apple Podcast
            Amazon Music
            Spotify
            Deezer
            Facebook

Comment

• CarefulWithThatAxe1472
              Editing a comment
              We Americans are a different species of human, lol! There are some guys who use deep fried donuts as burger buns...
          Working...
          X