Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently Intel processors are dying and Intel is refusing to do a recall despite the failure rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Intel processors are dying and Intel is refusing to do a recall despite the failure rate

The title pretty much says all I have to say at this moment. It's truly insane.
    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Yep, it's definitely happening. Wendel from Level1Techs on YouTube and Steve from Gamers Nexus have gone into this in some detail. I haven't bought Intel in some years now, preferring AMD, but I feel bad for people whole have those specific generations. I see lawsuits in the future and those people will probably end up with a check for $6.83
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Actually i do have one. Let’s see, how long it lasts until i have to change back to AMD. This could kill Intel.
      FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
      Youtube
      Apple Podcast
      Amazon Music
      Spotify
      Deezer
      Facebook

Comment

I can't believe that they are trying to bury this... bad thinking.
        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Intel doing Intel things.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6vQ...st=WL&index=19
          Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

• Frankymole
            Frankymole commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm, yes I saw that! Crazy.

Ryzen 7 5700g here. I love it BUT, as my budget was a bit tight I didn't grab a dedicated GPU, I'm using the one built-in, it runs fine, I can play any new game (low quality of course).. BUT the big BUT is the driver support for the GPU, it's bugged and it does not work properly, so you'd need to update it constantly. So I'd say if you want to switch to Ryzen, the CPU runs great but get a dedicated GPU.
          If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Using a Ryzen 7 5800 in a small form factor from Beelink. It's ok but it has hiccups at times that I never had with prior Intel NUCs. Could be be the manufacturer but it's relatively new AND a legit copy of Windows.
            For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch. Three if you're on the Interstate. - Derek Bieri, Vice Grip Garage

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
            PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
            Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
            Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
            Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Intel's general quality issues since around 2016 are why I decided to buy a Ryzen CPU when I was getting the parts to build my current computer. And now knowing that if I get a CPU and it commits self-delete Intel won't help me, I'm definitely happy I made that decision. Well, that and Intel has apparently learned nothing from the days of the Pentium 4 so temperatures and power usage are going up while performance isn't.
              Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
              Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
              Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
              Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Working...
              X