SDR Receiver Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDR Receiver Recommendations?

Recently I've been thinking about getting into the world of software-defined radio, which for those of you who don't know, are USB devices that, with the help of an antenna and some software, allow you to receive a wide range of radio frequencies.

I was thinking about getting one to start making recordings of IEM mixes from concerts that I attend (and do some casual radio listening), but don't know what the best receiver/setup is. If anyone here is into SDRs, I'd like to hear some of your recommendations!
    "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Seconding this
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

You can check out taperssection.com for some info on IEM recording. Be aware that the people that do that type of taping seem to be of a different lot. Fairly secretive on methods, equipment and techniques. One receiver someone mentioned was the ICOM IC-RX7-10.

Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
      PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
      Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
      Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
      Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

• JerryIsBored
        JerryIsBored commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to go check that out.

Blimey !

I never thought I would be reading about my other hobby (HF radio) on here.
      I've been into this since I built my own Crystal Sets in the late 70s.
      Then I spent the 80s stringing up long wire antennas between trees.
      SDR and radios are so much cheaper these days but I still prefer a radio with big dials and switches.

I think you will be in the VHF UHF range for IEM.

30MHZ is my upper limit of interest, but good luck.

"Get Back To Radio"

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X