No announcement yet.

Problem playing DSOTM 50th blu-ray DTS-HD Master Audio with my older receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem playing DSOTM 50th blu-ray DTS-HD Master Audio with my older receiver

I have an over 10-year-old Denon Receiver and it's having problem playing The Dark Side Of The Moon 50th blu-ray DTS-HD Master Audio (both stereo and multi-channel). It'll play for a minute or 2 and then no audio signal. I tried playing it via a usb player connected to the receiver and still the same issue. I have several other Blu-rays with DTS-HD MA and they all play ok, just not this one. It also plays the Atmos audio w/o any issues. Since the receiver is not Atmos capable, it plays as 7.1 Dolby TrueHD.

Has the DTS-HD MA codec changed recently or codec version incompatibility? Any idea?

I'm not an expert on this, but if it plays for a few minutes first, then it sounds like it can't really be a codec issue -- if it was, I believe it wouldn't work at all?

Does it always stop at the exact same point, or is it randomly around 1-2 minutes?

Comment

A similar eliminating thought - after inserting the disc, fast-forward to four minutes. Does it fast-forward OK past the 1-2 minute mark? Does it then play correctly, not at all or still just for 1-2 mins?
      What happens if you start playback from say track four?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I'm not an expert on this, but if it plays for a few minutes first, then it sounds like it can't really be a codec issue -- if it was, I believe it wouldn't work at all?

Does it always stop at the exact same point, or is it randomly around 1-2 minutes?

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post
        A similar eliminating thought - after inserting the disc, fast-forward to four minutes. Does it fast-forward OK past the 1-2 minute mark? Does it then play correctly, not at all or still just for 1-2 mins?
        What happens if you start playback from say track four?
        When I play from the beginning, audio goes out when it changes from "Speak To Me" to "Breathe". Skipping foward/backward or going to another track didn't bring back the audio. If I go back to the main menu and select another track, it'll play for few minutes and then no audio again. One time I could play for about 6 minutes. When the audio signal goes out, it shows "DTS 24/96" instead of "DTS-HD MASTER" on the Receiver display.

Even when it plays DTS-HD MA for few minutes, sound keeps breaking up every few seconds.

In the USB player, if I set "play DTS-HD MA as regular DTS", it plays fine. Somehow the receiver is having problem decoding this one.

Comment

Working...
        X