Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you set up "private torrents" in utorrent so that they will actually work :)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you set up "private torrents" in utorrent so that they will actually work :)?

How do you set up your own "private tracker" for private torrents like seen here in utorrent for incoming and outgoing so that they will actually work ?

In the software preferences setup, torrent creation parameters, IP address, port and etc.

Thanks Rick

AFAIK, you cannot create "trackerless" "private" torrents. They are contradictory directives.

"Trackerless" torrents rely upon DHT to signal throughout the known universe of torrent clients to find your file. This is certainly not private.

"Private" torrents inhibit the ability of the client to request resources from any source other than the one specified in the tracker field. This is certainly not trackerless.

I may have nuanced terminology wrong, but this is the gist.
    Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Ok let's try again... How do you set up a torrent without a tracker so I can share with users here. I have seen it done here, have tried, but I cannot get it to work.

Comment

See here:
        https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...le-sharing-faq

Comment

Thanks

Will give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X