Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have listened this one twice so far!! Not to be greedy, but I was hoping for an even longer episode. It was extremely informative! Once again, you guys delivered another amazing episode that we will continue to revisit again and again!! Keep up the great work preserving these memories and stories that could be lost so easily! I would love to see a video of his recording equipment that he mentioned he recently rediscovered. It would be pretty cool to see what he used and why different ones would work better.

Comment

Only got around to listening recently but was looking much forward to this before it came out. A fantastic episode filled with fantastic stories, told by a fantastic guy. Would absolutely kill to hear some of those golden era soundboards one day. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for this.
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

I have been listening to the this podcast interview the last couple of days. Wow what a long one, but quite fascinating for ageing Pink Floyd fans like me. And no doubt quite a scoop for you, Ian. His voice sounds familiar to me - on one of the 74 Earl's court recordings ?

One of the things that "Mick" mentioned in that long conversation with Ian was "Le Livre du Pink Floyd" . And how good the photos are in it - I think "Mick" himself gets a credit . He also mentioned that Udo (one of the authors) did two "Le Livre du/des" books - the other one being the "Le Livre des Rolling Stones ". That chimed in my head ....and I went to our bookshelves this morning and pulled out that very Rolling Stones book

I acquired this book second hand way back in the Spring of 1984 when I was on a university trip to Paris.

From a quick google the Floyd one looks to be still available for about €30-40 ! If it is the same quality as Stone's one it is well worth seeking out - as long as you don't mind it being written in French.

Last edited by Petef451; 07-28-2024, 01:06 PM. Reason: wrong photo upload

Comment

Great podcasts, they are very interesting and entertaining. Incredible stories so far from a lot of people that 'were there'. It's really appreciated and it keeps the interest in PF and PF bootlegs alive. Thank you all, for everybody that's involved. You are doing a really great job for the community and fans.

Regarding this episode. I am haldway through at the moment until Mich is offered a job at the NY Wall shows. I'm believe this is one of these characters you could make an episode of 2h07 but easily 12h07 also. So many stories everybody has to tell. Surprised to hear about the existence of these 1975 Hamilton and 1977 soundboards being in the hands of the select few. Hopefully one day they will come out. And nice to discover how the early mixes of WYWH and Animals got out, or at least I think that's what's being discussed.

If I were to give one remark, and really only meaning it in a positive way and please don't take offense, would it be possible to use microphones to get a better even balance between the interviewer and guests.

Keep up the good work and have a great summer!

Comment

• Skinny12
            Skinny12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, most appreciated!

And yes, you are right, the recording of the podcast itself gives us also the biggest headaches.

Either the guests are connected online so we have almost zero access to their local setup or we hand out a microphone and some guests are so agitated that the volume changes every second. And to stop a recording due to someone’s excitement in telling a story would/could be more damaging. So I better spent a few hrs afterwards adjusting the volume to make it more listenable.😇

When i talked to Andreas Kraska for example i had to choose between him hitting the microphone a few times with his hand creating pops or hearing him breathing after i asked him to lower the mic….🤣

Anyway, given the limited time we have for each guest and not to annoy them too much by adjusting their settings again and again, we do have some post production work to deliver the best possible outcome.

But we learn and hope we get better and better and limit the mistakes we do. Remember the plastic bottle Lee Harris was from drinking from on episode 2. 😅

Best
            Nils

So, I was pretty intrigued by some of Mick's comments about Stockholm 67, and him alluding to having "made the album" presumably referring to a vinyl bootleg. I *think* I deduced which one he had a hand in producing (the same label that first released some other notable recordings mentioned in this episode...), and while I initially thought it was a 2nd or 3rd generation copy of the original reel due to the overall lower fidelity and differences in the applause, after comparing it directly against the replay event recording it sounds more like a mono tape copy of the replay event with the applause edited out. Bummer, I was hoping for a copy without the Early Years mastering choices...
          Last edited by jmr; 08-27-2024, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• neonknight
            neonknight commented
            Editing a comment
            Look out for Ed Paule's new 1967 book due out later this year
        Working...
        X