Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fingal's Cave Podcast Ep.19 - Andy Jackson, composer, musician and audio engineer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingal's Cave Podcast Ep.19 - Andy Jackson, composer, musician and audio engineer

Hi everybody!

We are very delighted to present another exciting episode of the Fingal's Cave podcast!

Today's guest is a Pink Floyd legend, composer, musician and audio engineer: Andy Jackson. Andy has worked with Pink Floyd, Roger Waters and David Gilmour since 1981. His latest release, AI AJ, has attracting much praise for breaking new musical ground and its topical content. Andy's musical career needs no introduction. We are delighted to say that he gives a full and open account of the past four decades to our hosts Nils Zehnpfennig and Phil Salathé.

Have fun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	378
Size:	669.3 KB
ID:	370417

Homepage: https://fingalscavepodcast.com
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKlIhSJMFHI
    Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/de/podcas...e/id1686352696
    Amazon: https://music.amazon.de/podcasts/ef8...ink-floyd-fans
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5l7sw8X4YkSNpvxkYOzF2z

Best
    Skinny​​​​​
    Attached Files
    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
    Youtube
    Apple Podcast
    Amazon Music
    Spotify
    Deezer
    Facebook

Really great episode, men. Great to hear Andy speak in depth about his career. Great guy too, keep up the great work!!

Comment

Looking forward to listening to this one!! Thank you!!

Comment

Wow, that was the best one yet.
        I love the guests that just talk and talk without being pushed.
        What a great guy Andy is.
        I think a second interview would find some more hidden gems with him.
        Well done to all who took part.
        Cheers

Comment

• Skinny12
          Skinny12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yes, he's superb. Was so much fun!

A frank and honest interview with some appropriately delicately phrased questions, always good to hear a 'from the horse's mouth' interview...very enjoyable. Many thanks.

Comment

I’m really looking forward to this. How difficult is it to find their info and get them to agree to a podcast? You’ve gotten some impressive guests!

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this interview with Andy!

Comment

What a great episode! Thanks for asking some of those "hardcore fan" questions. Overall just a real treat, the whole interview!
              Roger Waters
              - Las Vegas MGM Grand 2010-11-26
              - Las Vegas T-Mobile Arena 2017-06-16
              - Salt Lake City Vivint Arena 2022-09-08

David Gilmour
              - Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl 2016-03-25

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets
              - Denver Paramount Theatre 2022-10-20​

Comment

Thank you! A very enjoyable episode.

A good thing to listen to him talking about his own work outside the Floyd camp and how he approaches music.

Is also great to listen to the real people involved clarifying things and dispelling myths. Though I fear many people still won't believe him, and would prefer conspiracy theories to simple facts.

Comment

Oh wow, can't wait to hear this one. What a pull guys!
                  Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Really enjoyed it, as ever, thanks for putting it together!

Comment

nice one. I enjoyed that - it's always good to hear from the people who worked with them. I would have liked to have heard something about his production work on Fields of the Nephilim's Elyzium which was partly recorded on Astoria and has more than a whiff of PF about the production, but I guess we were never going to go there in a PF podcast!

Comment

Also really enjoyed it - he was very, very, frank about working with Roger Waters. They clearly did not get along by the end of their collaboration - and does give you an insight into how controlling he probably was when Floyd were a four man unit. One thing I found a bit odd is that he seems to look a lot like Roger Waters - something about his face and bone structure, he could almost be a cousin. Or maybe it's just me?

I'm also amazed at some of the guests you've managed to secure, truly impressive.

Comment

• Skinny12
                          Skinny12 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I did not see Roger in him, but i always thought what a charming guy he is…Roger also had this special aura.

Originally posted by DiegoFermoli View Post
                        he was very, very, frank about working with Roger Waters. They clearly did not get along by the end of their collaboration - and does give you an insight into how controlling he probably was when Floyd were a four man unit.
                        I’d love to hear that conversation. Imagine being so good in your field that you can tell a famous rock star, “No, I won’t work with you again”. Wonder if that hurt Roger’s ego just a tiny bit.

Comment

Working...
                        X