Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fingal's Cave Podcast Ep.18 - Vinyl memories, concert experiences and long-term friendships: Ron Fleischer’s 45 year Pink Floyd musical journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingal's Cave Podcast Ep.18 - Vinyl memories, concert experiences and long-term friendships: Ron Fleischer’s 45 year Pink Floyd musical journey

Hello everyone,

this is a special one for us and hopefully for you too!

“In the end it's all about Friendship!”

In this episode, together with Ron Fleischer we look back on almost 50 years of an intimate experience with Pink Floyd and its solo members. We take you on a journey through 50 Pink Floyd related concerts that began in Miami in 1977 and is still ongoing...

Ron tells us about these shows with many exciting anecdotes and above all gives us a story about friendship and passion that connects us Pink Floyd fans. Ron Fleischer is not only an important part of the Pink Floyd community but has made many things accessible to the fans thanks to his projects, so in this episode he tells his story...

Have fun!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	345.7 KB ID:	369849

Best
    Skinny

Homepage: https://fingalscavepodcast.com
    Youtube: https://youtu.be/FbTylQaj6zw
    Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/de/podcas...e/id1686352696
    Amazon: https://music.amazon.de/podcasts/ef8...ink-floyd-fans
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5l7sw8X4YkSNpvxkYOzF2z

Best
    Skinny​​​​
    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
    Youtube
    Apple Podcast
    Amazon Music
    Spotify
    Deezer
    Facebook

Great episode, guys! Ron, nice to hear you talk passionately about the Floyd.

Comment

Looking forward to it! Currently still listening to episode 17, every time I get going on it I have stop and do a deep dive on one of the albums or bootlegs, great stuff!!
      Thank you.

Comment

I really enjoyed listening to that conversation between two people who certainly know their stuff. As I've said elsewhere, this isn't my era of the Floyd (apart from On An Island and Nick's Secrets) but it was great hearing all the anecdotes and stories about the shows. Thanks, Nils and Ronald

Comment

Thanks for the opportunity!

Comment

Looking forward to it

Comment

Awesome, look forward to checking this one out!
              Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Fantastic episode. Thanks for the contribution as always, Ron!!
                - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Spectacular episode! always dedicated to contributing with your vast experience Ron,thank you very much!!!

Comment

Ron, I was at Joe Robbie in 1994, too. I recall sitting in the parking lot before and a local radio station played High Hopes on the radio as a preview of the new album. We walked around outside the stadium before the show and could hear an Astronomy Domine sound check. I couldn’t believe it was live since that song was so unexpected. I thought it had to be the sound guys playing a tape to check the PA system before the show haha.

Those of us there were some of the few Pink Floyd fans to have ever seen a live version of Lost For Words. Not a great song, but kind of interesting.

Comment

• Anredeon
                      Anredeon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had the same feeling when I was standing outside Burg Clam before the Gilmour show 2006 started, they played Astronomy Domine in the Soundcheck and I couldn´t believe it, I was not ashamed to have tears in my eyes..

Enjoyable listen! Looking forward to hearing the inevitable part 2!

Comment

This episode reminds me that this hobby would be much less rewarding without friendships. They're what keep us going, including the virtual versions.

Comment

Fascinating to listen to Ron's numerous Floyd reminiscences over the years. Having seen nearly all the same band and solo tours in the UK, except significantly 1977, the comments and views really resonated. Seeing and hearing the podcast, and mentions of many other key people whose names are very familiar to us, is like having read the 'Raving and Drooling/Yeeshkul! book' and then getting to watch the making-of documentary and see it all come to life.
                        Particularly touching was the heartfelt thanks to all the many, many tapers, without whom we wouldn’t be here. Thanks to all and looking forward to the promised part two!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all your kind words.

Comment

Very nice, Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                            X