Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ian Priston meets Danilo Steffanina in Italy (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian Priston meets Danilo Steffanina in Italy (Video)

Hello everyone!

My dear friend and co-host of our Podcast, Ian Priston went to Italy and visited the collector Danilo Steffanina.

Danilo Steffanina owns one of the world's finest collections of Pink Floyd concert posters. In this video, he gives lan Priston a tour of his personal gallery, explaining his motivations, the stories behind some of the artworks, and how the expertise he has developed over the years helps him decide what new pieces to add to his collection.

Approach: filmed with a handheld iPhone 13, 4K video at 30 fps using clip-on Comica wireless mics. lan anticipated the opportunity and suggested making the film to Danilo when he saw the main room. Danilo happily accepted the proposal, but there was no time to prepare. No after-effects were added to the footage, and the discussion is spontaneous and unedited.

Have fun!

https://youtu.be/Rlmx9A-_Exc
    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
    Youtube
    Apple Podcast
    Amazon Music
    Spotify
    Deezer
    Facebook

If there were a way to make all of those into one single book, I’d buy it!

Comment

Is everyone enjoying the new Kralingen footage?

Comment

I will watch the Video now....thank you very much !

Comment

Can someone please share the link, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PFC67 View Post
            Can someone please share the link, thanks!
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9dRp8g0g4w

Comment

Originally posted by neonknight View Post
              Is everyone enjoying the new Kralingen footage?

Fantastic to see how much material is still made available / unearthed / found / discovered! Great new video.

Comment

Loved Danilo's posters, what a great collection - not envious at all! Great video, thanks to Ian and Danilo for sharing ...

Comment

Thanks for sharing this fascinating collection and conversation. I really enjoyed geeking out to this video!!

Comment

Thank You very much! What could be just a paint by numbers a la this is this, this is that, it was lovely to watch it because of the passion of it.

Fabulous collection! My favourites being the 67 and 69 posters. I do really love the posters with the meddlegroupphoto too. I have (but just a facsimile) ´72 tourposter proudly on the wall.

I particularly liked the program from Lyons ´70 with an unseen photo.

I have a friend who also collects PF tourposters. He has some 70s ones too, but he rather shouldn´t see this video.

Comment

I still have my reproduced Pink Floyd film poster that you could buy at any record store back in the day. It’s not anywhere near as cool as these posters (see attachment.) Joe Boyd talked about the making of the psychedelic posters and how expensive they were and how they were essentially pieces of art with how uniquely they were made (I.e. handmade and not mass made) and were eventually stolen by fans. There’s a poster in this vid that looks like it has vivid gold leaf/paint on it from the late 60’s.
                      Attached Files
                      Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Working...
                      X