Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fingal's Cave Podcast Episode #2 - Lee Harris, "Roger was standing in the back watching it with a big smile on his face"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingal's Cave Podcast Episode #2 - Lee Harris, "Roger was standing in the back watching it with a big smile on his face"

Good morning!

We just released our latest episode of our Podcast!

This time i did an interview with Lee Harris which turned out very nice, because he is a lovely guy and had many nice stories to tell. We really hope you like it!

About the Episode:
    In this episode, Nils Zehnpfennig meets Lee Harris, co-founder and guitarist with supergroup, Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets. Lee recalls being a fan of Pink Floyd from an early age, trips to Kensington and Camden markets in London to buy bootlegs and his memories of Floyd Xmas Mix '93. Other highlights of the hour include, the story of how the Saucers were formed, Roger Waters' performance in New York when he joined the band for Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, and Lee's experience of the famous concert in Luxembourg 2018.
    Big thanks to Russell Castley-Adams for the great Artwork!

Homepage: https://fingalscavepodcast.com
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVH2UZ15UBM
    Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/de/podcas...e/id1686352696
    Amazon: https://music.amazon.de/podcasts/ef85a5d1-7915-4bdc-915a-23746d814c23/fingal's-cave---the-podcast-for-all-true-pink-floyd-fans
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5l7sw8X4YkSNpvxkYOzF2z

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	918 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	352129

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	702 Size:	450.0 KB ID:	352128

All the Best
    Nils​
    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
    Youtube
    Apple Podcast
    Amazon Music
    Spotify
    Deezer
    Facebook

Wow sounds like a good one! Can’t wait to listen!

Comment

Another great listening. Many thanks!

Comment

Excellent listen.
        Lee is easy to listen to.
        He just talks and talks.

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks, Nils. Did you meet up somewhere? The quality is excellent so presumably not Zoom or phone.

Comment

amazing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Simond View Post
              Very interesting. Thanks, Nils. Did you meet up somewhere? The quality is excellent so presumably not Zoom or phone.
              We met online (would have visited him in south france but…) and the quality was mediocre but we both had backup recordings on our local system so i put it together later

Best
              Nils

Available here:
              Youtube
              Apple Podcast
              Amazon Music
              Spotify
              Deezer
              Facebook

Comment

Loved this! Great work on the podcast guys. Keep them coming!

-Tony @ AFG

Comment

Another fantastic podcast. Great to hear from Lee. I met him briefly on April 1, 2019 before the show.

Comment

Great interview! Sounded like a normal conversation and not a crazy fan fawning over someone famous. What’s the secret to getting band member to talk to you?

Interesting story about him deciding not to chat with Roger after the Beacon show. What do they say - “never meet your heroes”?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
                      Great interview! Sounded like a normal conversation and not a crazy fan fawning over someone famous. What’s the secret to getting band member to talk to you?

Interesting story about him deciding not to chat with Roger after the Beacon show. What do they say - “never meet your heroes”?
                      Hi, i was a bit nervous mainly because of my limitations concerning the English language and technical issues like not recording it properly. Didn’t want to put him into a bad situation where he regretted accepting it.

He was very nice from the first moment, so we had a short chat before we started and a longer after.

Best
                      Nils

Available here:
                      Youtube
                      Apple Podcast
                      Amazon Music
                      Spotify
                      Deezer
                      Facebook

Comment

Yeah, this was pretty fantastic!

Thank you, Nils
                        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

What would any of us do if we noticed Roger standing in the back of the room watching the show. Assuming he's not surrounded by bodyguards preventing any contact, would you go up and say hello?
                          What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
                          PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
                          Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
                          Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
                          Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

I would lose the opportunity by trying to think of a clever thing to say before approaching him.

Maybe something like: “Hi Roger, just want to say thanks for all the great music. It means a lot to me.”

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post
                              What would any of us do if we noticed Roger standing in the back of the room watching the show. Assuming he's not surrounded by bodyguards preventing any contact, would you go up and say hello?
                              Funnily enough, I found myself in exactly this situation back in the early 2000s at a gig in Ladbrook Grove. Harry (Roger's son) was playing in a band where a friend of mine was the drummer and I found myself standing at the bar near the back of the room next to Roger. I decided not to say anything and just respect the fact he was there to watch his son playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X