Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Film Review - Have You Got It Yet - The Story of Syd Barrett and Pink Floydt: A Fresh and Insightful Look at the Life and Legacy of Syd Barrett.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Screenings page has been updated recently and there are showings now listed for Australia, Canada and International which includes several other countries including a few UK venues.

https://www.sydbarrettfilm.com/theatres/

Comment

Caught this at long last in Bradford (UK) tonight. Thought it was excellent and very insightful. The fact Storm was behind the camera not only resulted in a hell of a list of participants and sources (who else would have been able to pull together not only the big names but all the girlfriends, loads of college friends, Syd's sister even), but also the fact he wasn't afraid to answer back if an interviewee was talking bollocks!

I feel like came away from it with more of an understanding of Syd and his work than I went in with, which I was surprised by after after the umpteen books and documentaries we've had over the years. It really brought home the sadness (and the suddenness) of his decline, as well as the impact he has on everyone around him.

I do wish they wouldn't keep using Shine On so much in these films. Musically it couldn't have less to do with what Syd was about (the quotes in part 9 notwithstanding) and the lyrics, while heartfelt, really aren't very good. Roger sitting and reciting them was just embarrassing. I realise this may not be a popular opinion around these parts!

Comment

Watch Out for arte TV (Germany and France), February 23rd.

Comment

UK TV screening on Sky Arts, 27.04.24.

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/s...barrett-biopic

Comment

Japan screenings next month and according to Director Roddy Bogawa the physical release is to follow soon.

https://www.pinkfloydz.com/have-you-...an-next-month/

Comment

Originally posted by marksturdy View Post
              I do wish they wouldn't keep using Shine On so much in these films. Musically it couldn't have less to do with what Syd was about (the quotes in part 9 notwithstanding) and the lyrics, while heartfelt, really aren't very good. Roger sitting and reciting them was just embarrassing. I realise this may not be a popular opinion around these parts!
              Not so much unpopular as quite strange. After nearly 50 years, I don't think filmmakers and music critics are going to dissociate that song from Syd's predicament, and nor should they. It perfectly expresses how many of his friends felt about his changes in mental health and personality. Whether the lyrics "aren't very good" is a judgement call, and can only ever be subjective, but most people who know of Syd seem to think they're good enough.

Comment

Working...
              X