Echoes mailing list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echoes mailing list

Anyone here still on the old Echoes list?

I was on it for years and years until Gmail started blocking it, per Bear (owner of the list). I wrote him to see if that’s still a problem. Anyone here subbed to it with a Gmail address?

I was on it way back (also alt.music.pink-floyd)
    I had no idea it was still around (or that mailing lists still existed)

Comment

I am, had the same email address for 30 years and never unsubbed from it.

Comment

Originally posted by swanlee View Post
        I am, had the same email address for 30 years and never unsubbed from it.
        Before the emails got blocked it seemed like the volume of posts really dropped off.

I remember reading it during the Division Bell tour and seeing people post excitedly about the major change to the set list, which was playing Dark Side of the Moon for the 2nd set.

Comment

Is the list still active, then? I noticed I hadn't gotten anything since May 2022, and wondered. If Gmail is the culprit, time to set up another email account, I suppose...

Comment

That’s what Bear told me in July. Just sent a follow up today and will let you know what he says.

Comment

Yes, please do. If it's still a thing I'd like to sub.
              Last edited by aybesea; 02-27-2023, 12:45 AM.
              Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

I was so early to the party - I was a member of the eclipse mailing-list, the predecessor of echoes. Oh, and I even owned the "official" echoes T-Shirt 😀

Regards,
                Herwig
                "Life is a heuristic guided depth-first search without backtracking"
                Admin of (outdated) https://www.pf-roio.de

Comment

Wayne from Florida places most of the posts and I have not seen anything in months Bear seems to have recurring server issues.
                  I met Bear after the Waters show at the Shoreline Amphitheater, very nice guy.

Comment

I, too, was a member of Eclipse back in 1991. Please recall that bear only took the reigns temporarily until the original guy (whose name I have forgotten) was able to come back. I had the honor of meeting bear IRL in 2000 before a Roger Waters show in the San Francisco area.

I don't know if anyone else has ever met someone & then felt smarter as a result for the next week or so. Meeting bear was something like that for me. It was like walking into another time, another world.

Comment

I was on eclipse and echoes. I’m jealous of whoever has met bear, who has always been incredible helpful.
                      https://www.echoes.com/

Comment

I'm still on it, it's not been terribly active. Been on more or less since 94 or so

Comment

Was on the list from around late 1995 until roughly Y! era in 2006. I have always considered Y! to be an evolution of Echoes (and Eclipse). Glad to see so many familiar faces on both and here.

Comment

Working...
                          X