Interesting thought experiment - A Time Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting thought experiment - A Time Machine

Something caught my imagination recently and that was - if I had a time machine what gigs I would go back and see. (I was only able to them 1994)

But then I thought what if it was possible what would all the logistics actually be and I thought this would make an interesting discussion to have, dig into actually figure it out

The dream of course would be to have 4K (or better) video from several viewpoints that could then be edited. and then of course audio recordings from multiple positions to get the full quad effect

There is a lot of meat in this discussion so I think in order to keep it focused we need to break it down into sections and have one post per section

I propose the topics should be.

1) What equipment would we use to obtain the best results
    2) How would we get the tickets for the multiple locations we would need and how would you solve any currency issues (notes out of print etc.)
    3) Which gigs provide the best performance or visual appeal that we would try to do first
    4) How could we keep a secret?

For the sake of interesting discussions lets say the time machine could not be used for any other purposes other than the collection of archive material for Pink Floyd concerts

So...

What equipment would we use?

Let me try in my limited tech savvy way to kick us off...

The most obvious would be a cell phone, quite a few would be easy to conceal and give quite good recordings. I would probably say sewn into a hat of some kind with the lens open only

Is there a better piece of equipment out there that would be easy to conceal that would work better?

What about audio - would we still want external microphones?

I think concealment is a big factor here

If this is no interest then I will clam up and not post on the topic again but as stated I think this would be incredibly interesting (to me anyway)
    Maybe some old school tapers can weigh on the concealment issue and any crafty techniques they used that still might be useful today.

Thanks

Sheffield 12 1970,Wear a large cowboy hat with a hole in the front.inside is a 4k camera that is way too small in that time to be noticed.Anywhere you point your head will be filmed.Use the time machine to arrive early before gig and break in then place 5 small digital recorders around venue. Time travel away before cops arrive. Come back next day and collect recorders.4K 5.1 version of the show.

Comment

• YASHA
      YASHA commented
      Editing a comment
      This is undoubtedly the very first goal of time flight.💯

I'd film the Games for May show, and i'd attend every 1972 concert i could especially the early ones.
    that was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?

Comment

Hmmm a cowboy hat in 1970’s Sheffield lol

Comment

Working...
      X