No announcement yet.

RW vs DG - cant we all just get along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen, man, with your cries about the "horrors of censorship" you are achieving the exact opposite goal: to have it introduced here. Stop fooling around. If you were a censor, you would have banned me first, I have no doubt
    Your preferences are your problems, but you yourself drag them here for everyone to see. At the same time, you think that you cannot be answered publicly. A very convenient position in your understanding​
    We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

• stonytokes
      stonytokes commented
      Editing a comment
      If I was a censor? The guy who's championing free speech? I'm not even a moderator, and have no power whatsoever to ban you, not that I would if I could. I think you're projecting your own authoritarian tendencies onto me. I don't have anyone on my ignore list, even you.

I don't like you, but that doesn't mean I want to censor you or ban you. That's why free speech is so important. It protects the rights of the minority.

There's a quote that's attributable to Voltaire, I think: I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. You may feel differently, but in my country freedom of speech is our most sacred principle.

Originally posted by YASHA View Post
    Listen, man, with your cries about the "horrors of censorship" you are achieving the exact opposite goal: to have it introduced here. Stop fooling around. If you were a censor, you would have banned me first, I have no doubt
    Your preferences are your problems, but you yourself drag them here for everyone to see. At the same time, you think that you cannot be answered publicly. A very convenient position in your understanding​
    Is MY drug use a problem for YOU, YASHA? I assure you, it's not a problem for me, I've got all I need. In fact, you sound as if you might benefit from a puff or two. You sound kind of uptight. You do know that people smoke marijuana and listen to Pink Floyd, don't you, YASHA? It's kind of a thing. In other decades they might have even dropped acid or eaten mushrooms before listening. Echoes is especially fun through headphones after a couple of tabs, and it's even better if you blindfold yourself so your mind becomes a movie projector. So loosen up and go see your local drug dealer today, and you can thank me later. Just stay away from the heroin, that shit'll kill ya.

No-one else here has indicated any sort of discomfort with drug references previously. Nothing reported to the mods or anything as far as I know. Are you feeling okay, man? You seem kind of edgy. Pull up a seat and have a drink and tell me all about it.
    And ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?​

Comment

• NuffM
      NuffM commented
      Editing a comment
      This explains a lot.

• stonytokes
      stonytokes commented
      Editing a comment
      NuffM Don't knock it 'til you've tried it, Snuffy.

• NuffM
      NuffM commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep going for it.

It's time to settle down, now, guys.

This has nothing to do with censorship or free speech -- when a discussion completely derails into name calling (of band members or forum members), it has no value anymore. Too many of these are a large burden on the moderation team, which is why we tend to stop them as early as possible. Now, since this is a discussion about the very fights we try to avoid, it hasn't really derailed as such, but it is dangerously close to becoming a useless fight.

So, please calm down, or this thread will have to be closed as well.

(Also, please take note of the original intent of the thread: these fights are pointless. We are all here because we like the band and (at least part of) their music. We know people have different opinions and often strong ones, and we can all respect that without having to mention our opinions every single time.)

Comment

He, all you school masters and teddy bears, just relax (with or w/o pills ...)!

I forgot: Could apply as well for all super frequent (hyperactive?) participants contributing to this thread ....
      Last edited by Floydophile; 10-16-2024, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X