Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I on good stuff, or is this Sorrow best Ive heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I on good stuff, or is this Sorrow best Ive heard?

Just listening to this great recording and video (was on Youtube but can be found on here, was the 28th) and have never gelled with a Sorrow before like this, also High Hopes before it

He also seems to be having fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcPVJyYSprQ

In Any Tongue, A Great Day for Freedom, and of course Marooned are also great this tour!

Comment

I think he's always just wanted to shut up and play his guitar as they say. The BS that comes with "being in charge" really gets tiresome after a while as I'm sure those of us who are/where in management can attest.

Vocals are not once they once were but his playing is still incredible.
      For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch. Three if you're on the Interstate. - Derek Bieri, Vice Grip Garage

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
      PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
      Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
      Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
      Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        In Any Tongue, A Great Day for Freedom, and of course Marooned are also great this tour!
        yeah, that song is a stand out, also would say he 'Jams' more on the solos on all his songs more than in the past, I just looked up longest 'Sorrow" it was 10 min, this version is 12min, he jams at end a lot, the acoustic stuff as well

Ive seen him at every RAH gig and the 2001 Metldown, I didn't get tickets for this tour and regret it, he's playing better than ever

Comment

Ah, I haven't actually listened to the 28th yet, but it sounds like I should. The 29th has an 11 minute Sorrow, and some parts in the A Great Day for Freedom and Comfortably Numb solos that I've never heard before. Love the jamming!

Hope you'll get enough recordings and live albums.

Comment

Eh. Can't say I ever loved the song - it needs more of a revamp from the original to pique my interest, not just longer jamming. I've always thought this song was overrated on account of the guitar intro, which is epic, but then the song starts and it's a nothingburger.

Comment

I was lucky to be there on 28th and had same impression.

Comment

This is a good version and recording from the 2nd Oct

Comment

Working...
                X