Animals 1977 and 2018 Side-by-side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demamo View Post
    I may be in the minority but I prefer the 2018 mix. The 1977 mix is very muddy and Nick was buried in the mix.
    Yeah. I know the drums are fake in 2018 and are missing a lot of small finesse - which I admit is a huge flaw - but the original mix sounds like cardboard to me. I myself am not a drummer, and I can understand why it would upset other drummers and all that, but even me being a musician for the last 11 years; I don't care too much honestly. They SOUND better to me, regardless of the missing fine details. They sound boomier and not like dog-water. I just like it better. I don't control what I like.

If they replaced David or Rick, THEN I would be pissed. But it's drums. It's not the same voice as guitar or keys. Drums are sounds but guitar/keys are voices.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

• stonytokes
      stonytokes commented
      Editing a comment
      Drums are sounds, but guitars/keys are voices? Puh-lease!

• NuffM
      NuffM commented
      Editing a comment
      Not apologizing for it.

• stonytokes
      stonytokes commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't expect you to.

Originally posted by TheGreenStrat View Post
    Reading all of this reminds me of how I need to get a surround sound system one of these days (pun intended?)
    I finally bought a surround system this year. Got a Samsung Q990D - soundbar, subbie and rears (maybe not everyones definition of a surround sound system, but suits me just fine). Primary purpose was to finally listen to all of the Quad, 5.1, and Atmos music that I have, mostly Floyd. I have now lost track of the number of times I have listened to the Atmos version of DSOTM, I still find it amazing, every single listen.

Even the stuff that doesn't make the most of the rears, still sounds amazing in terms of fidelity. Every weekend I have stuff playing through it, I sit and listen and enjoy. DG - Live in Gdansk last weekend, love that DVD, sounds even more amazing through that system.

One of the best purchases I ever made, I left it way to0 long though, should have done it years ago !
    Last edited by joeblade; 10-15-2024, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X