Sea Of Tranquility review: David Gilmour 'Luck and Strange'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

None of this matters to me as long as the stuff I listen to continues to exist at any given moment at which I would be in the mood to listen to it. Ranking this kind of stuff is pointless to me.
    i honestly don't understand. if the mood strikes you to hear DSotM, then how is that not "above" every other floyd release, if only for that moment (and the next 45 mins)? and if you're in the mood more often for DSotM than, say, More... then is it not "ranked" above More?! "ranking" to me is just the order (and/or frequency) i choose to listen/re-listen to the things i like. and in the context of my reply above, i haven't listened to L&S nearly enough for it to break into my previous gilmour "rankings," which has About Face at the top. (which, i guess, technically means it's at the bottom? lol) ranking is not some empirical, absolute value that i stamp on album sleeves, it's just a fluid, "when i'm in the mood for..." kind of thing, in my brain. and for pink floyd albums, i'm in the mood to hear Division Bell or AMLoR more frequently than all the others...

i may be overthinking this... but it's all good fun.
    ...Raving and Drooling I fell on my Arse with a Squelch...

Comment

Originally posted by geoffers View Post
      i honestly don't understand. if the mood strikes you to hear DSotM, then how is that not "above" every other floyd release, if only for that moment (and the next 45 mins)? and if you're in the mood more often for DSotM than, say, More... then is it not "ranked" above More?!
      I haven't cared about this in years.
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Working...
      X