Body Count "Comfortably Numb"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A live rendition...

And ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

Comment

I dig it. Gilmour hasn't gone this metal since the Nile Song.

Comment

"New lyrics"? I guess this is a new attempt from Gilmour to erase Roger's crucial contributions to the band and the song?
        His erronous claim in the interview that Comfortably Numb was a song HE wrote, not along with Roger as was the case, kind of confirms that this was his intention. He does not only attempt to "de-Roger" the song (and ruining it in the process as this was not exactly pleasant to listen to), but also to rewrite history (and his diehard fans will probably believe him 100% as always and restate this claim as truth from now on, disregarding the facts, as they always do when Gilmour makes claims).
        The whole thing smells very much like an ego trip.

Comment

Originally posted by ILuvHoney View Post
          "New lyrics"? I guess this is a new attempt from Gilmour to erase Roger's crucial contributions to the band and the song?
          His erronous claim in the interview that Comfortably Numb was a song HE wrote, not along with Roger as was the case, kind of confirms that this was his intention. He does not only attempt to "de-Roger" the song (and ruining it in the process as this was not exactly pleasant to listen to), but also to rewrite history (and his diehard fans will probably believe him 100% as always and restate this claim as truth from now on, disregarding the facts, as they always do when Gilmour makes claims).
          The whole thing smells very much like an ego trip.
          Nice try, this wasn't David's idea or remake. When approached by Ice-T for permission to use Comfortably Numb for this version, both David and Roger approved the use of the song. Gilmour appreciated the new lyrics and offered to record an original performance. Unfortunate for you how those pesky facts seem to get in the way of your obvious bias. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

Nice try, this wasn't David's idea or remake. When approached by Ice-T for permission to use Comfortably Numb for this version, both David and Roger approved the use of the song. Gilmour appreciated the new lyrics and offered to record an original performance. Unfortunate for you how those pesky facts seem to get in the way of your obvious bias. Pathetic.
            In this interview, Gilmour claims he wrote the song alone.
            That is nothing but a lie.

Comment

He said, "When I wrote the song." He cowrote it so he did write it albeit with Waters. He never said that he wrote the song alone. The fact that both he and Roger were approached by Ice-T makes this obvious.

The rest of what YOU posted is pure biased bullshit.
              Last edited by rontoon; 09-26-2024, 02:43 AM.

Comment

from a post by TheGent : "“Body Count's version of Comfortably Numb is quite radical, but the words really struck me. It astonishes me that a tune I wrote almost 50 years ago is back with this great new approach. They've made it relevant again," Gilmour explains.

dude, gilmour says that he wrote the tune, not the lyrics (or the whole song), which is demonstrably true. everyone on this forum should know the waters/ezrin/gilmour story about the song's gestation, and how it came to be included in roger's wall project, at ezrin's suggestion (or insistence). it's only literally one of the greatest PF tunes ever... (co)written by waters and gilmour, and neither has ever disavowed the other's involvement with it.
                ...Raving and Drooling I fell on my Arse with a Squelch...

Comment

Kind of like Roger trying to erase David's contributions to DSOTM with his Redux project and CN with his Lockdown Sessions...

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlue1989 View Post

Kind of like Roger trying to erase David's contributions to DSOTM with his Redux project and CN with his Lockdown Sessions...
                    Yeah, I was pretty disappointed with the massive gaps of silence on those renditions where David’s chords and vocal melodies used to be.

People are desperate to perceive anything these guys do as a jab toward the other, I don’t get it.

Comment

new video with Gilmour playing on track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVH6YL62_3Q&t=29s

Comment

Working...
                      X