Sunday Showdown: Grantchester Meadows vs The Narrow Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Showdown: Grantchester Meadows vs The Narrow Way

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE! This week's Sunday Showdown features competing compositions from Messrs. Waters and Gilmour. Vote for your favorite.

vs

Grantchester Meadows
    58.54%
    The Narrow Way
    41.46%
    The Central Scrutinizer
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by stonytokes; 08-18-2024, 04:13 PM.
    And ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

Originally posted by y!me
    EYE don't think there's any comparison.
    Please don't encourage this.

Comment

What's up with this "EYE" thing?

The Narrow Way was always a favourite of mine 🙂

Comment

EYE love them both, but I'm voting for Grantchester Meadows.

Comment

Originally posted by stonytokes View Post
          EYE love them both, but I'm voting for Grantchester Meadows.
          Ei really appreciate it that you finally switched back from 'Eye' to 'I'...

Comment

You know, folks, over the course of my life I've entered virtually every interesting state of mind that it's possible to be in, and listened to the vast majority of the Pink Floyd and Roger Waters catalogue while in those states of mind. We used to drop acid, put The Wall on, and huff nitrous charges when the animation sequences came on so everything would melt better. Other times we would drop, put on a blindfold, and listen to any number of PF classics, especially Meddle.

I've probably eaten more acid and mushrooms over the course of my life than Syd and Jim Morrison combined. In other words...I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years. The lunatic is in my head, so to speak...

EYE thought that a place called RavingAndDrooling might tolerate eccentricity in an individual, but now...EYE...EYE...I'm not sure. And if you want to ban me because I'm weird, to be Frank with you...that's fine with me.

(30) Tears in the Rain - Blade Runner (9/10) Movie CLIP (1982) HD - YouTube

Comment

to be Frank with you…
          Given the pfp change to Zappa in blackface, I’m at least glad you decided to go one way with that than the other…

Comment

I've added an option to the poll. If you have to load or unload, go to the The White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life....

(30) Frank Zappa - The Central Scrutinizer (Visualizer) - YouTube
          Last edited by stonytokes; 08-18-2024, 05:20 PM.

Comment

EYE thought that a place called RavingAndDrooling might tolerate eccentricity in an individual, but now...EYE...EYE...I'm not sure. And if you want to ban me because I'm weird, to be Frank with you...that's fine with me.
            If you're banned (and I hope you're not, but it looks like that's what you're angling for) it's not because you're being weird - it's because your EYE references have become extremely annoying. A joke is funny the first time it's told, but when it's repeated endlessly and needs to be explained it loses all its humor and charm. I don't see what your past drug use has anything to do with this, you seem to chose to be annoying. EYE, Frank or whatever, please move on. I hate the way you've infected this forum with your self indulgent juvenile humor.
            Last edited by rontoon; 08-18-2024, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Grantchester Meadows all the way. igh really like that song.

Comment

• Emdy
                Emdy commented
                Editing a comment
                The live renditions with David’s harmonizing are so perfect in their simplicity. The more pastoral “Roger goes acoustic” tunes were my gateway into that period of the band.

• Paul
                Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                Couldn't agree more.

EYE don't think this is a close match at all. Grantchester Meadows without a doubt.

Comment

Folks, I think it's already stated that the EYE gag is a bit annoying, please, don't go that way again.

And yes, stonytokes, we celebrate weirdness. I'm a weirdo myself, and a proud one, but I keep my weirdness to myself, and, in any case, I share my weirdness and enjoy that side of myself in private with my wife and my friends, and I put my weirdness in the band I play to embellish the songs we play (or at least, that's what I think I add to them). And I do the same with my friends of the forum in private too. So, please, if we're telling you that something is annoying, pay attention.

Thanks to all for understanding.

And of course, Grantchester Meadows, always.
                Last edited by gotta_be_crazy; 08-18-2024, 09:39 PM.
                If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Two of my favorite Pink Floyd songs. I will go with the narrow way. However I prefer Grantchester Meadows more in a live setting.

Comment

Please stop. In addition to it not being funny or clever, we have some members here for whom English is not their first language. The EYE stuff may be confusing to them and we hope these forums have a long life. Years from now we don’t want to have to explain EYE posts.

Comment

love the Narrow Way suite: the part 3 is as haunting as great : superb vocals (murdered on stage; except for the BBC version which was I think overdubbed - if you know a great live performance (I don't mind the weak vocals; the Amsterdam 69 performance is great IMHO), great piano, hypnotic bass line and I think that was David on drums. The coda is epic.
                      The part 2 is mind-blowing with an Hendrian hypnotic riff... love the segue between part 2 and 3. The Central Scrutinizer : love it : especially the intro with Frank laughing at the beginning of Watermelon In Easter Hay.

Grantchester Meadows borrows the guitar-lick of Leonard Coen's "Suzanne"; I love the KQED version because it has some unique vocal harmonies by David & Roger. (kind of like "Mother" version for the Wall).

Comment

Working...
                      X