Hamilton 1975 8mm Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamilton 1975 8mm Milestone

The Hamilton 1975 film on YouTube has surpassed a million views as of about 15 minutes ago, making it the most viewed single concert 8mm on YouTube. It puts the hugest grin on my face to know that this colour correction and sync that I did has been seen by so many people. Even the band! We're working on a Hamilton composite video like we released for Montréal 1977, with the film appearing with ONLY colour correction and no post processing. Very soon too we will be sharing the raw 40-50 GB prores file for all to enjoy as well as the remaster. Sadly the scan isn't as good as it can be because it was not done on a Lasergraphics Scanstation, but to have any high resolution scan of this footage at all is beyond incredible.

Go give it another watch when you find the time! I'm so proud of this.

https://youtu.be/fSXZMFq_Msk

p.s., no. Despite the description saying that two people did the work on the sync, that is not true. I did the entire sync by myself and the other name should be removed from the syncing credit. ​​​​​​​
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Actually just watched that yesterday. Great job!! Killer footage.

Comment

You are right to be very proud of this project!

Comment

I am very grateful to you for your careful and painstaking work!
        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Really, amazing. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by y!me

I'm curious how you were able to determine that?
            A quick search of every major act will show you that nothing comes even close to this.

Comment

i remember seeing the video Roger posted to his social media where he mentioned “somebody sent me an old film from canada or something” and i had a big grin on my face knowing all the hard work you lot put into this paid off

i wonder if he’s seen the montreal 77 film?

Comment

Originally posted by y!me

I'm curious how you were able to determine that?
                Did you look? Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by thespitwasduringmoney View Post
                  i remember seeing the video Roger posted to his social media where he mentioned “somebody sent me an old film from canada or something” and i had a big grin on my face knowing all the hard work you lot put into this paid off

i wonder if he’s seen the montreal 77 film?
                  He has probably seen the Montréal footage, if somebody sent him Hamilton then I'm sure the same person would have also sent Montréal. I don't see him ever acknowledging it though.

Comment

this is why the Montreal show from 77 should be liberated, it was for a hot moment,someone whined and it disappeared,, give that a year and see the views,if not touched by copyright

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post
                      this is why the Montreal show from 77 should be liberated, it was for a hot moment,someone whined and it disappeared,, give that a year and see the views,if not touched by copyright
                      My memory is a bit blurred with this kind of stuff, when was Montreal 77 posted? I remember there was some talk about some live material being released with the Animals box in ‘22 before that was nixed by the band. Or was the “whiner” someone involved with the taper?

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post

My memory is a bit blurred with this kind of stuff, when was Montreal 77 posted? I remember there was some talk about some live material being released with the Animals box in ‘22 before that was nixed by the band. Or was the “whiner” someone involved with the taper?
                        No. It was shared here the extra that came with the Sigma release. It was shared recently. Seems people complained about how wildly out of synch the audio was with the video. My question is So What. I am sure some of us would want it.I know I would
                        Last edited by Alan Smithee; 08-18-2024, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Emdy
                          Emdy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ah, the video that showed the infamous spit happening during Money?

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post

No. It was shared here the extra that came with the Sigma release. It was shared recently. Seems people complained about how wildly out of synch the audio was with the video. My question is So What. I am sure some of us would want it.I know I would
                        The video with the correct sync has been available on YouTube since November.

Comment

Awesome stuff!
                          Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

The video with the correct sync has been available on YouTube since November.
                            good. On youtube,great. It was shared here and was removed because people complained about the audio/video badly synched. I dopt care. I want it to be shared for everyone,including myself,Who cares about the synch problems. We could work on it ourselves

Comment

Working...
                            X