No announcement yet.

New Obscured by Clouds documentary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoroughly enjoyable with plenty of great pics to accompany the well-researched film. Love the opening 90 seconds without commentary and other gaps in the talking to create an unhurried feel to the doc. Great to hear the isolated Free Four verse and see the brief footage of Rick with bass in the Stay excerpt. Many thanks rael.

Comment

Really enjoyed this - as I have with your other documentaries too. One quick question, which source is the Mortality Sequence from at the beginning? It sounds great!

Comment

Informative and brilliantly done. You're very talented. Looking forward to future documentaries. Have a blessed week.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gettyimages-84880271-2048x2048.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	372540
          Originally posted by Alanko View Post
          Are there any photos of Nick with a Mica-Sonic​ bongo set? There are lots of studio photos from the Obscured sessions, or perhaps only a single session. Nick's kit isn't well captured in any of them as he appears to be tucked away in a corner and behind baffles. The Rototoms appear in his live kit in 1972, but I've not seen any photos with the Mica-Sonic​ bongos. They would be quite small, so a roadie could realistically have brought them onstage for only the songs they were needed on.
          I grabbed this pic from my post on Nick's kits, it's to the right side of his kit (towards David). It looks like a little wooden table with 5 pads on it.

Unfortunately I don't have access to better pics at the moment, as I'm away, but for better proof, the Atlanta '73 film also shows them.
          "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

As expected, this doc is well worth watching.
            Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
              One quick question, which source is the Mortality Sequence from at the beginning? It sounds great!
              It was the Brighton performance from the Immersion box set. I stripped the vocal sound effects out of it.

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post
              Love the opening 90 seconds without commentary and other gaps in the talking to create an unhurried feel to the doc.
              Yes, I am really pleased with that sequence. To be honest, those incredible photos of the band (IMO the best ever set) speak for themselves and need no explanation.

Comment

Great job on this one!! I love everything that you have done covering Pink Floyd. Keep up the great work!! It was the highlight of my day!

Comment

Thought I recognized your voice, what a YouTube rabbit hole I’m now tumbling down.

Fantastic insight you’ve shared, and your restoration work on the photos/film is not to be overlooked. Thank you very much.

Comment

If you watch the royal festival hall footage from 69 roger is messing about with an Ace Tone Rhythm Ace, these drum machines were the most common and there were various variants of them. The Ace Bently that Arthur used was the last one as roland bought the brand and it got re branded as the Roland TR77 eventually this morphed into the classic CR78. The Ace Tone that roger was playing on that film was a variation on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqFRjAZKV8g

Matt

Comment

Working...
                    X