best dry floyd song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best dry floyd song

not everyone's favourite period, but it is the period (DSOT) which got me into the floyd in the first place, so it will always have a place close to my heart.
    My favourite waterless floyd song has to be "on the turning away"
    yours?
    i am yet to hear a bad (performance, not sound) live version of that song by the way.

I Like 'One Slip' quite a lot. Would love to listen to 'May Peace Be With You' one day.

Comment

Not my favourite era (1970 is) but Coming Back to Life has really grown on me.

Comment

The guitar solo in Turning Away is right up there with CN and I also like One Slip. The live versions of Sorrow are also pretty damn good.
        What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
        PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
        Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
        Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
        Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Yet Another Movie is a high point from MLOR for me. Kinda like the instrumentals too.

On TDB, maybe Poles Apart? Hard to choose as that album is more about the atmosphere for me than specific songs. I do like the moody ones more than the more obvious pop/rock tunes though.

On a side note, I had another listen to the remixed MLOR recently. Considering they allegedly 'mixed some of the '80s out' for that one, all I can say is there must have been a hell of a lot of '80s there to start with...

Comment

Signs of life i love, Sorrow i adore!

Keep talking is great and i used to love High hopes but it became my Wish you were here…
            FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
            Youtube
            Apple Podcast
            Amazon Music
            Spotify
            Deezer
            Facebook

Comment

From AMLoR - Sorrow
              From TDB (depends on the day) - Marooned, Wearing the Inside Out, High Hopes

Comment

I basically love them all but if I had to choose: On the Turning Away and One Slip (the delicate sound of thunder versions specifically. The bass outro on one slip is amazing). For DB: Coming Back To Life, Keep Talking and Poles Apart.

I also particularly like the sections of seventies Floyd where Rick takes the lead on the moog, and really wish he’d been given more room to do that. The pre-animals live versions of what became animals have a lot more of Rick on them than the album versions. The bits where Rick leads are essentially Waterless as the other band members are making most of the noise!
                Last edited by DashingMallard; 08-08-2024, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Marooned, Lost for Words, and Sum + Skins together - awesome!

Comment

AMLOR : A New Machine part 1 -Terminal Frost - A New Machine Part 2 - Sorrow.
                    TDB : Wearing The Inside Out - Lost For Words - High Hopes
                    TER : Things Left Unsaid - Its What We Do - Ebb And Flow - Side 2 Pt. 1,2,3,4 - Nervana - Allons-y (video).

The more I listen to The Endless River the more Floyd it becomes of the three albums.

Comment

Sorrow, Wearing the Inside Out, and High Hopes.
                      Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                      Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                      Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                      Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

One Slip is very!
                        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

On the Turning Away (Delicate Sound of Thunder version)

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
                            Marooned, Lost for Words, and Sum + Skins together - awesome!
                            Just to add more details to this, I find Marooned just an amazing piece of music and for me speaks so much more than some Floyd numbers do with lyrics - when I play it on guitar my mind just goes to another level … and that’s without drugs!

Comment

And what about 'Cluster One'?

A timeless piece and a very close & intimate musical conversation between Messrs. Gilmour, Mason and Wright.

Comment

Working...
                              X