Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	372011Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	372012

I thought I would create a place for us to discuss our thoughts and opinions on these releases. We may not be able to share these here, but we can talk about them.

The biggest doubt is whether they are based on the work of Professor Stoned... a few months ago with the release of the book on the BBC recordings it was commented that there were also different sources still unpublished in the collective world of collectors​

Comment

I very briefly had a look at some of this. It is very much a copy of Prof Stoned's work. They did however add in some extra bits of Peel intro and some other announcer bits in some spots with nice crossfades. I can't remember exactly where as my check was quite quick last night. I believe for the 71 stereo source they did a patch in Embryo which was nice to see and moved a couple songs around for better flow, which has me wondering if that was the original order. The sources they used I cannot say right now and I don't know if I have the strength to find out either. All the BBC sources, variations on quality and such is quite a task to take on. The ideal person to comment on the exact changes and person with most of the knowledge would be the profstoned himself. I am sure he doesn't approve of these releases, and I can't blame him, but it was inevitable, it was always going to happen. It would be nice to know from the horses mouth what might be different here though. I did like a few of the extra intros and such. I am not positive if anything was cut but I don't think so.
      Last edited by buffalofloyd; 08-03-2024, 04:37 AM.
      Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Where can we buy these release ? Don't find anything on Amazon or BurningShed.

Comment

• Llama
          Llama commented
          Editing a comment
          check your messages. we definitely don't say the names of the stores here in the comment section due to it being hush hush. we don't want any other sites closing their websites down.

I got around to listening to it, thanks - I believe most of the stuff in Vol 1 is professor stoned but I wouldn’t know which rev. Vol 2 has a different intro to the stereo source of 1971-09-30, or at least not one I had heard before. The rest of volume 2 is interesting as they’ve combined audience and bbc sources. Nothing new there, just an interesting take.

edit: that intro is actually from BBC Transcription service stereo pop special 3. Nothing new.
        Last edited by plegault; 08-03-2024, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I think it's disgusting the way they capitalized on the professor's dedication to research and hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
            I think it's disgusting the way they capitalized on the professor's dedication to research and hard work.
            ​​​​Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by lvri View Post
              Where can we buy these release ? Don't find anything on Amazon or BurningShed.
              I've only seen it on an auction site (not Ebay), when I searched the internet just now, and it was from Japan and the auction had ended anyway. So it looks like this is not an official or BBC-sanctioned release.

Comment

I hope it can be obtained soon so I can give a good opinion... the mentioned modifications catch my attention. If anyone has any information where to obtain it it would be greatly appreciated. After all, Prof Stoned's work has always been public.​

Comment

Originally posted by voices2010 View Post
                  After all, Prof Stoned's work has always been public.​
                  After all? Just because he shares his work freely doesn't give anyone the right to profit from it. And to see this being exploited here is just sad.

Comment

Sigma's releases are a bit of an edge. How legit or how good could it be something that is sourced from other's work, even if they were well remastered. Because that's what Sigma's releases are, in essential, a good (sometimes) remaster from another already existant source. Now if they'd sell you a new source discovered by them, well, that'd a different story. I have no problems with commercial bootlegs if they are at least an original source/release.

I could be wrong of course but, I don't remember Sigma releasing a new source, ever, ... maybe 1974-11-15 recorder 3? And 1972-03-13 recorder 1 I believe, or at least seems to be a different source of different transfer from the Master Reels. Oh and, oh well, some of the Aphrodite's 1971 gig alternative recorders. The rest by memory and heart, they are remasters from Neon/JFE/Bert13/buffalofloyd's work. I don't have a problem with remasters, if they sound good, fantastic, but the approach should be different and of course, no profit.

That's why Llama is a bit of a hero because he shares them for free

As we say here.. 'thieving a thief, 100 years of forgiveness.'.

Sorry for going out of topic, but I wanted to point that out. I still haven't got this new release but for the comments it's clear it's a copy of Prof. Stoned's magnificent work.
                    Last edited by gotta_be_crazy; 08-03-2024, 04:00 PM.
                    If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

• plegault
                      plegault commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Notable releases might be 1972-03-07 Recorder 1 with Set the Controls, 1972-03-08 Recorder 2, the 1972-06-29 Brighton master, 1974-11-15 Recorder 3 master...

They're few and far between in terms of groundbreaking work.

The Prof did more than just "remaster an existing source". In this case he had to (and continues to) track down the best sources and uses AI extraction tools to isolated instruments. He then remixes and EQs everything. All this knowledgeable work is the foundation that Sigma steps on and sells.
                    Last edited by rontoon; 08-03-2024, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I think we were all on the same page. We hate Sigma for doing what they do and we are happy that guys like Llama undermine their idea of making money out of it…

Best
                      Nils
                      FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                      Youtube
                      Apple Podcast
                      Amazon Music
                      Spotify
                      Deezer
                      Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post
                        I think we were all on the same page. We hate Sigma for doing what they do and we are happy that guys like Llama undermine their idea of making money out of it…

Best
                        Nils
                        We're not on the same page. I really don't care what Sigma does most of the time but this case is different. Even freely sharing the doctored work of the Professor here from a rip of their CDs is offensive. But that's just me.
                        Last edited by rontoon; 08-03-2024, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Nobody is sharing it here. I got asked about it before and did not approve. So maybe this is just a misunderstanding.
                          FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                          Youtube
                          Apple Podcast
                          Amazon Music
                          Spotify
                          Deezer
                          Facebook

Comment

Working...
                          X