Cymbaline SFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cymbaline SFX

Has anyone figured out what libraries the heavy breathing sfx and the footstep sfx are from during the quiet section on cymbaline? I know people have found the door creaking sfx in the EMI Spectacular Sounds but i haven’t had any luck tracking down those two sounds. Maybe one of you guys has a clue?

This post from azerty on Y! in 2020 certainly mentions the Cymbaline footsteps sequence and might help. The whole thread is very interesting too.

Comment

I recall reading that Roger Waters recorded some effects tapes in a pedestrian tunnel somewhere in London. Not necessarily A) true or B) the Cymbaline tape. This was in a magazine around twenty years ago, I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Alanko View Post
        I recall reading that Roger Waters recorded some effects tapes in a pedestrian tunnel somewhere in London. Not necessarily A) true or B) the Cymbaline tape. This was in a magazine around twenty years ago, I think!
        Ahhh that makes lots of sense honestly

Comment

There are different takes of the Cymbaline sound effects, some are longer than others.

Comment

This post from azerty on Y! in 2020 certainly mentions the Cymbaline footsteps sequence and might help. The whole thread is very interesting too.

You have good memories )) Yes and since, I have posted some sounds I found in the differents library on my new version of my site here http://www.rarepinkfloyd.fr/soundslab.html
            The cymbaline sounds are under the Live Performance chapter > The man and the journey

This page is still work in progress, so many erros exists in the page. I just opened access for this thread

Comment

Originally posted by RarePinkFloyd View Post

You have good memories )) Yes and since, I have posted some sounds I found in the differents library on my new version of my site here http://www.rarepinkfloyd.fr/soundslab.html
            The cymbaline sounds are under the Live Performance chapter > The man and the journey

This page is still work in progress, so many erros exists in the page. I just opened access for this thread

good job

but

there are mistakes and doubts :

Atom Heart Mother

Express train in transit - can't find this SFX in the song

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast

Lighting of matches and cigarettes between two people - can't find this SFX in the song

Eсlipse

Heartbeat - in fact misplaсed by Alan Parson’s clock sequence

Welcome To The Machine

Laughing - not the same SFX as in the song is

Animals

Sheep sound - not the same SFX as in the song is

Nobody Home

Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C - in fact misplaсed by Sheep sound

Work

Steam locomotive going uphill - not the same SFX as in the song is (at least in Concertgebouw is not the same)

The Pink Jungle

Japanese nightingale - can't find this SFX in the song (at least in Concertgebouw)

Sleeping

Clocks Alarm Clock Ticking & Goes - not the same SFX as in the song is (at least in Concertgebouw is not the same)

Daybreak Reprise

Alarm clock - not the same SFX as in the song is (at least in Concertgebouw is not the same)

Labyrinth/Footsteps

Footsteps Circling and Footsteps: Running in Street - not the same SFX as in the song is (at least in Concertgebouw is not the same)

Doors, Gates, Stairs, Squeaks & Creaks_ Creaking Door - can't find this SFX in the song (at least in Concertgebouw)

Doors, Gates, Stairs, Squeaks & Creaks_ Room Door Open & Shut - can't find this SFX in the song (at least in Concertgebouw)

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (In The Flesh Tour)

Weather Gale Force Wind - can't find this SFX in this song

Dogs (In The Flesh Tour)

Rain storm in the city - can't find this SFX in this song

thanks a lot anyway​

Comment

The Dark Side Of The Moon

Alan Parson’s clock sequence

https://www.rarepinkfloyd.fr/audio/t...ro-clocks-.mp3

in fact it's just an isolated one of the left channels of the quad mix

it's hardly correct to consider it an original SFX​

Comment

Working...
              X