Nick Mason talks about AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick Mason talks about AI

Can you imagine having new Pink Floyd music made with Artificial Intelligence?

I'm not making this up; Nick Mason said in a recent interview that he would like to use AI to create new songs for the band.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/nick-...TO6rfa1InNujTw

He even suggested that the AI could imagine a scenario where David Gilmour and Roger Waters are friends again, similar to what ABBA has done in their Voyage show.

What do you think about this?​

Nick reads to read up on AI, since he's obviously buying into the hype.

Comment

It's a joke by Nick Mason about the only way to reunite Roger and David... and he ends with that idea... but it's just a joke... like the ones Nick says all the time.​

Comment

• TheMoebLoop
        TheMoebLoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, makes sense; a lot of that gets lost when it's just text.
        Last edited by TheMoebLoop; 07-31-2024, 03:00 AM.

Avoiding spoilers as much as possible, I’m assuming AI stem extraction was used for a certain element of his recent shows rather than pulling it from the multitracks? Do the multitracks for that even exist anymore?
      Last edited by Emdy; 07-31-2024, 01:51 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post
        Avoiding spoilers as much as possible, I’m assuming AI stem extraction was used for a certain element of his recent shows rather than pulling it from the multitracks? Do the multitracks for that even exist anymore?
        I think that's the most probable scenario; were they even recording to multitrack so early into their career?
        Last edited by TheMoebLoop; 07-31-2024, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoebLoop View Post

I think that's the most probable scenario; were they even recording to multitrack so early into their career?
          4-track recording had been around for a little while at that point, so I would assume the vocals were dubbed over the top of a bussed instrumental track.

Comment

AI Polly Samson

Comment

Nick has a superb sense of humour

Comment

Working...
            X