Roger Waters TINAD Concert Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger Waters TINAD Concert Film

Roger has officially talked about upcoming concert film for his latest tour.

From the pinkfloydz/A Fleeting Glimpse website;
    "In a recent interview with the Useful Idiots Podcast, Roger Waters confirms he and Sean Evans (Roger’s art director) just finished editing the live show that was broadcast from Prague during Roger’s ‘This Is Not A Drill’ concert last May to cinemas all around the world. Roger confirms: “I’ve just finished editing, with Sean Evans a colleague of mine, and Andy Jennison, the editor. We’ve finished editing a live show from Prague last Spring. It’s really good.”
    Roger said later on, “we’re just about to mix the sound, but the band played great that night. That film will be coming out in the next few months.”"

So... despite filming in Milan, the concert film will just be Prague. The same show that was presented in Cinemas last Summer.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed.

AFG: https://www.pinkfloydz.com/roger-wat...xt-few-months/

Interview: https://youtu.be/mK0WMQGSLqk

And, I would love it if y'all could not cause this thread to be closed. I just want to talk about the concert film. Keep your negativity out of here, for goodness sake.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

I felt the performance that was broadcast from Buenos Aires recently was significantly better than the Prague show; I think this tour is one in which the performances became better with time.
    However, I am glad to see that there is progress on the release though. This Is Not a Drill was a great show that deserves to be documented.

Comment

Well, if the rights to the video and audio materials belong to Roger, I'm at a loss...

Maybe this choice is related to something else?​
      We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

A little off-topic: I would assign the title "annoying fly" to all trolls. And so that the list of these most "annoying flies" is constantly present on the homepage of our community.
        End off-topic.
        Last edited by YASHA; 07-28-2024, 07:58 AM.
        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

• DaveTheRave
          DaveTheRave commented
          Editing a comment
          In your User Settings you can add trolls to an ignore list. Probably best to quietly use existing functionality rather than antagonize others.

• stonytokes
          stonytokes commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey! Remember this golden oldie?

"​I perceive any provocative throw-ins solely as disrespectful to the work of Pink Floyd, the solo work of its participants.

In addition, I consider such statements disrespectful to our community and to everyone individually."

Don't you think you've actually become the shining example of your own previous comment with this comment, Yasha? You've become the living embodiment of intolerance: wishing to shoo away the flies which vex you so.

Taken to its extreme name calling and categorization lead to the scene depicted in In The Flesh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX4O3dNTFYw

...which I'm pretty sure was the point that Rog was trying to make with that song. Which would make YOU the one "disrespectful to our community and to everyone individually." not to mention "...disrespectful to the work of Pink Floyd...".

Not exactly the behavior I'd expect from a Senior Member, but hey, to paraphrase George Orwell, I guess some Animals are more equal than others, eh?

• stonytokes
          stonytokes commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooooo. I found another classic Yasha quote in another thread. Dig on this:

YASHA 07-03-2024, 06:18 PM
          "Personally, it would never occur to me to insult any person, including one who cannot/does not want to sue me for insulting.

For such actions on my part, YOU NEED TO TRY VERY HARD.

Am I a stupid, retarded person?"

OMG, I am dying. I've never laughed so hard in my life. Please make it stop. ​

Originally posted by YASHA View Post
        ... "annoying fly" ...
        Does not sound appropriate to me.

Comment

A little off-topic: I would assign the title "annoying fly" to all trolls. And so that the list of these most "annoying flies" is constantly present on the homepage of our community.
          End off-topic.
          Completely off-topic and, by definition, trolling this thread.

Comment

I wonder if there's some sort of rights issues with the shows filmed in Milan. My best guess is that it's either that or maybe the footage came out wrong
            Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
            Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
            Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
            Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Here’s to hoping this one doesn’t get hacked to bits like the last couple releases, and Nigel Godrich doesn’t come anywhere near it. Not a big fan of partial live sets that sound like they were recorded with cardboard mics. I don’t know why he only uses the under stage cabinet mics and ignores the room mics.

Though I wouldn’t mind if the various speeches and faux crying get edited down.

Considering it’s the same show, I wonder if it will get another theater run. I wouldn’t mind hearing a proper mix on a huge system this time around rather than the quiet dogshit we got last time.

Comment

Well, if the rights to the video and audio materials belong to Roger, I'm at a loss...

Maybe this choice is related to something else?​
                The translated subtitles at the bottom of the screens looked pretty tacky, and those shows were also at the start of that leg of the tour, so maybe they decided the performance wasn’t as tight.

Comment

Even though Roger said it’s the Prague concert it wouldn’t surprise me if snippets of other shows / camera angles / audio were used to create the official release. How many bands just use one show with no edits, patches, or fixes?

I’ve seen bits of Prague. Was Milan a better show?

Comment

• Emdy
                    Emdy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I could see audio from the Milan shows being used in spots. For video I could see the odd close up shots being used, otherwise wide shots of the stage would likely have to avoid the subtitles on the screen as well as the giant black curtain covering one end of the arena.

Originally posted by ILuvHoney View Post
                  I felt the performance that was broadcast from Buenos Aires recently was significantly better than the Prague show; I think this tour is one in which the performances became better with time.
                  However, I am glad to see that there is progress on the release though. This Is Not a Drill was a great show that deserves to be documented.
                  That may be the case, but let face it, the BA show was just a standard rock show (in fact, given the mega stadium shows of today, substandard with just the band and a massive screen behind them). The In the round shows were at least something different and was essentially the TINAD tour so i get why they have gone with that one.

And as one poster said, I hope no Nigel, I think i have watched the wall and Us and them once only, dreadful histories of great shows

Comment

Originally posted by wilberforce55 View Post
                    And as one poster said, I hope no Nigel, I think i have watched the wall and Us and them once only, dreadful histories of great shows
                    Sean Evans deserves his share of blame as well for how those shows were presented. I’m skeptical of how the film will turn out considering the last few releases, and his work on the last tour was remarkably subdued, if not substandard. Given his track record as producer I’m expecting a nothingburger processed beyond the point of recognition for anyone who attended the shows, but as always, I’d love to be proved wrong.

I don’t want critical shots of the show ignored in favor of staged videos of (X Country) civilians getting blown to bits, or Roger going on a road trip, or raw rendered shots of out-of-date CGI graphics. I want to see the show, or at least have the option to if they do decide to make another self-indulgent wankfest of a film.

I may be one of the few who thought Roger’s last tour was one of his most earnest, and I’d love for it to be presented as such. No need to George Lucas it.

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
                      So... despite filming in Milan
                      Except they did not film in Milan, as confrmed by Jon Carin. They did however film the first night in Prague as well, as you can see in this footage here, so I'm interested to see if any of that will make an appearance in this new release.

Comment

• Emdy
                        Emdy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Do you have a link to Jon mentioning that? I’d be curious to know what else he said about it, if anything.

hopefully he will also release the live album and be complete and not cut up with a good sound mix or even include it in some sort of package that will possibly be released like they seem to do now days esp when you see other boxsets come out like previous floyd stuff.

Comment

End off-topic.
                        Oh my God, YES!!! We should definitely start labelling and "titling" all of our members. And that one looks Jewish, and that one's a coon. Who let all this riff raff into the room?

Tell me, Yasha, if I'm lucky enough to receive the title of annoying fly, do I also get a neat little numerical arm tattoo to go with it?

Altogether now...

EIN, ZWEI, DREI, ALLE!!!

And ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

Comment

• stonytokes
                          stonytokes commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm the one smoking a joint if you couldn't tell by my username.
                      Working...
                      X