Nick Mason Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick Mason Tour

There's a pretty deep cut in the set. And a surprise guest. Enjoy.

I’m seeing him in Poole towards the end of the month - no spoilers please - I am very excited, it’ll be my first time seeing any Floyd member live!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
      no spoilers please
      So should we then have a separate 'spoilers corner' here? I love spoilers

Comment

• DesertRat
        DesertRat commented
        Editing a comment
        Neptune pink floyd have a clever set up where you can reveal the setlist by highlighting white text on a white background - maybe that could work here somehow!

I didn't spoil anything deliberately....just made you salivate a little. Look, it worked on Floydophile. A little nugget to escalate the excitement. Just to build up the antici......pation.

Comment

• DesertRat
        DesertRat commented
        Editing a comment
        I am certainly more excited following your post

Is it Roger doing a Pictish rant in the middle of Sysyphus?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
        I’m seeing him in Poole towards the end of the month - no spoilers please - I am very excited, it’ll be my first time seeing any Floyd member live!
        I hope you have a great time. I have seen Nick twice and both shows were excellent.

Comment

Just back from the excellent second show of the tour in York. I'd only just arrived back home from Nick's open garden charity event yesterday and had to set out again this morning for this gig. Both very enjoyable and I got my 1973 Earls Court programme and an old concert ticket signed at his garden event too.

Enjoy the show everyone who's going.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydzappa View Post
            I didn't spoil anything deliberately....just made you salivate a little. Look, it worked on Floydophile. A little nugget to escalate the excitement. Just to build up the antici......pation.

​​​​​​...antici......pation rather than dis......appointment (hope......fully)!

Comment

Just to clarify...the aforementioned 1973 programme is a recent purchase; I wasn’t at the gig - I bought the programme, with ticket still attached, a few years ago and it had already been signed by Roger at Earls Court.

The guy sat next to me at the York gig had seen Pink Floyd 15 times, his first one -in York- in 1967, then in 1968, 1969 and...Sheffield 1970! Very obviously I asked him all the appropriate questions but he only detailed, accurately, what we already know, and he has no recordings, photos or ticket stubs.

Always worth striking up a conversation at these shows as you never know who you’re sat next to and the shows they've seen and might have recorded!
              Last edited by Journey Man; 06-13-2024, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Sydzappa
                Sydzappa commented
                Editing a comment
                I know somebody who was at the last Roundhouse gig, the one where there's just the beginning portion circulating, and thought they'd played the proto DSOTM there. I had to point out to him that he'd seen them do that at Brighton, because he'd mentioned that he'd seen them there. I bet Floyd collectors who've heard the tapes over and over, can sometimes remember things better than people who were there and may have had a smoke or two.

• j.vavala513@gmail.com
                j.vavala513@gmail.com commented
                Editing a comment
                Heck, I think I’ve seen all 4 (classic era) members misremember some event that is well documented and highly discussed by their fans at least once. Some of them more often than others, but that’s just the nature of memory.

Has anyone got the setlist from Bristol, Monday 17th June 2024? Please and thank you

Also, who was the surprise guest mentioned in the original post?

Comment

• Sydzappa
                Sydzappa commented
                Editing a comment
                No spoilers....

• Frankymole
                Frankymole commented
                Editing a comment
                By direct message would be fine. I went, but didn't write it down.

i would like Nick to play Syncopated Pandemonium A Saucerful of Secrets not just Celestial Voices. But I would love to see him come to my town. Sort of like Gilmour playing Dogs. Sadly,he is not coming to my city, I would have to go to New York.
              So what exactly is the deep cut Nick will perform. I like surprises

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post
                i would like Nick to play Syncopated Pandemonium A Saucerful of Secrets not just Celestial Voices. But I would love to see him come to my town. Sort of like Gilmour playing Dogs. Sadly,he is not coming to my city, I would have to go to New York.
                So what exactly is the deep cut Nick will perform. I like surprises
                It's a pre-Piper song.
                Last edited by rontoon; 06-19-2024, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Just back from the Manchester show - very enjoyable although I think I preferred Liverpool a couple of years ago where we had 4th row seats. And to the gentleman tonight in seat P46 (you know who you are!), you cannot play air drums to save your life, nor can you play air guitar or air bass. Your singing was off-key, your talking was too loud and your headbanging had the whole row of seats shaking. Other than that.......!

Comment

Originally posted by Simond View Post
                    Just back from the Manchester show - very enjoyable although I think I preferred Liverpool a couple of years ago where we had 4th row seats. And to the gentleman tonight in seat P46 (you know who you are!), you cannot play air drums to save your life, nor can you play air guitar or air bass. Your singing was off-key, your talking was too loud and your headbanging had the whole row of seats shaking. Other than that.......!
                    Oh dude....I sympathise. I saw the 'Rainbow' reunion show in Birmingham and the guy sat next to me sang the whole show right in my ear. At least he was in tune. I saw Steely Dan at the 02 in London and the guy next to me air drummed the whole thing, as you say, rocking the entire row of seats until I felt sea sick. Having those together must have been a drag. Enjoy yourselves folks, but don't spoil it for other people

Comment

Originally posted by Simond View Post
                      I remember when we used to stand through entire concerts...

Comment

Working...
                      X