Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the best "About Face" shows in terms of SQ ? (SBD, etc...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the best "About Face" shows in terms of SQ ? (SBD, etc...)

Hi folks,

What's the best "About Face" show (even incomplete) with a soundboard or best SQ ?
    I know that there is the "About Face" HRV but somehow I was never really at ease with the SQ.
    Is there the Hammersmith Odeon audio remastered ? Perhaps MOB did remaster it for the HRV DVD ?

I really enjoy the guitar solo on "You Know I'm Right" or "Near The End"​

Bethlehem PA
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

is there a tape pre-FM transfer around or was the broadcast only archived on vinyl ?

I grabbed these one at the Trader's Den :

1984-07-12
      Westwood One In Concert
      2LP Vinyl 24-96 Pre-FM

David Gilmour
      Stabler Arena
      Bethlehem, PA
      July 12, 1984
      Westwood One In Concert
      WXRT FM Chicago Broadcast
      R.J.P. 10.5 inch Reel To Reel Master
      Transferred and Presented By Krw_co

I remember a great Chicago show shared here but there was a kind of chili con carne inflatulence tape problem during Comfortably Numb solo (which is a bit annoying); or was it another show ??

I also have of course the great Wojtek release In Floyd We Trust.

Comment

Universal Amphitheater June 21st 1984 is really good quality and a crackin' good, complete show.
        Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

thanks.
          I'm tyring to download this needledrop transfer by A.Layne, there are no seeders here ? Or should I use Vuze instead of Transmission ?

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...rrents/277463-

Comment

can someone please upload the tracked version of Arnold Layne's transfer of Pre-FM 1984-07-12 - Westwood One In Concert - 2LP Vinyl 24-96 Pre-FM ?
            (see link above : there is a torrent attached, but I think it does not work anymore because it's from Y!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
              thanks.
              I'm tyring to download this needledrop transfer by A.Layne, there are no seeders here ? Or should I use Vuze instead of Transmission ?

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...rrents/277463-
              Seeding it now.
              What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
              PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
              Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
              Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
              Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

FYI, the HRV release was also sourced from the Westwood 1 LPs.

The Chicago UIC show is a pretty damn good recording as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post

Seeding it now.
                  just saw your post - just opened Transmission right now (on Mac); thanks a lot!

Comment

David Gilmour 1984-07-12 Stabler Arena Bethlehem, PA WW1 In Concert WXRT FM 10.5 Reel Master

Has some severe tape dropouts during the whole Comfortably Numb solo which is really annoying to say the least.

Is there a release of the Bethlehem show which does not suffer from this problem ?

Ron, I don't remember which HRV ? the Kabuki Theatre; I'm not at ease with the sound of this one (and I love the show, the artwork and the bonus), was hoping that like the Pros & Cons "liberated" SBD thanks to Lordsnooty we would have had a SBD pristine quality of this show.
                    There's the 8mm video for which the audio has been remastered by MOB certainly.
                    And what about the Hammersmith Odeon audio (not authorized there?)

so far, Arnold Layne's pre-FM transfer vinyl is my favorite. The solo of "You Know I'm Right" is jaw dropping.
                    Is it me or was "Money" censored even if this is a pre-FM transfer, David omitted the "bullshit" word (whereas he sings it loudly in P.U.L.S.E); what happened? radio censorship before broadcast ?
                    It's even not the "F." word; imagine if they would have played "Not Now John" ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
                      David Gilmour 1984-07-12 Stabler Arena Bethlehem, PA WW1 In Concert WXRT FM 10.5 Reel Master

Is there a release of the Bethlehem show which does not suffer from this problem ?

Ron, I don't remember which HRV?
                      HRV did not release this show but I did share (and eventually sell) my WW1 LPs that were used as a source for someone else's release.
                      My favorite KAOS show would be KAOS Creek.

Comment

• Alan Smithee
                        Alan Smithee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The song from WKRP was Dogs not SYCD
                    Working...
                    X