Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love Pain And Sorrow • Snowy White Featuring David Gilmour - alternative versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Pain And Sorrow • Snowy White Featuring David Gilmour - alternative versions

I don't know if anyone noticed this before

but unexpectedly after listening to several editions of Snowy White albums it discovered that they had different mixes of David Gilmour related track Love Pain And Sorrow

1. ​1994 - Highway To The Sun (CHR Music 2001604) - here is original mix - 5:58

2. 1995 - Goldtop - Groups & Sessions (RPM 154) - here is alternative and shorter mix - 5:14

3. 2003 - Bird Of Paradise - An Anthology (SCCD 1018) - here is the same as Goldtop version - 5:14

4. 2010 - Highway To The Sun (Repertoire REP 5193) - here is remastered version of original mix - 5:58

5. 2020 - Lucky Star - An Anthology (CD 6 - Highway To The Sun) - here is the same as Goldtop version - 5:14

it wondering why they replaced the original version with an alternative in 2020 Anthology edition

just for information

This seems to be a trend on Snowy's DG related tracks. One of his anthologies included a remix of PF's "Pigs on the Wing" (8 track version), which differs from the original 1977 mix.
    "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

He’s given David plenty of praise for letting him breathe a bit on the 1977 tours, and I’d imagine he felt a fair bit of gratitude to Floyd & adjacent acts for getting his name out to a wider audience. Obviously a collaboration(s) he’s proud of.

Comment

Thanks for this. I love this tune! And the only version I have, apparently, is the short version from the Goldtop Anthology. Need to search out the longer one.

Comment

Working...
        X