DSOTM Rehearsals Bermondsey Jan 72?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSOTM Rehearsals Bermondsey Jan 72?

Not to be confused with the Waters DSOTM demos are the full band rehearsals for Tour 72 available?

I noticed the Classic Albums DSOTM TV show seemed to play a fragment of Breathe and don't recall seeing them on Y!

No rehearsals were ever circulated, not that I know of anyway. What you were hearing was part of a live performance, not a rehearsal.

Comment

The TV show from 2006 did say "rehearsal" on the screen when it played the very short Breathe clip in the context of Bermondsey and given its lineage may well be reliable since it did feature people with clear access to uncirculated tapes. I need to listen again to the clip. But, as you say, they may have meant "live rehearsal" and it might have been something like the June 1972 Brighton show.

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...orrents/87273-

features an alleged hotchpotch of the Jan 1972 rehearsal. Maybe the Breathe fragment is sourced from the TV show (?) Money is the Waters' demo and the rest has no vocals. Some claim its faked but it sounds legit to me since low volume Waters' voice is heard.

Disc 6 of Immersion has mostly June 1972 Brighton but The Travel Sequence is studio (Jan 1972?)

Comment

I was mistaken. There is a rehearsal recording that I forgot about.

Dark Side of the Moon Studio rehearsal
        early January? 1972

Source: soundboard
        Sound Quality: EX/EX+
        Lineage: unknown source > FLAC

(11:40m)
        1. MONEY (1:43m) the common acoustic demo
        2. ON THE RUN (1:46m)
        3. TIME (5:17m)
        4. BREATHE (reprise) (1:27m)
        5. ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE (1:10m)
        6. ROGER THE HAT (0:17m)

Well, this passed right in front of us and nobody noticed it it seems. This was
        first posted on the Dr. Forrester's 'Just Add cones' blog, and it's an amazing
        surfacing, this is a live rehearsal of the Early Eclipse suite (except for Money
        which is the common acoustic demo). The very primitive version of Time says
        it has to be prior to its first performance. But it's just my guess. Maybe more
        accurate info will come out now it's out there.

Frequencies are not that full, but i leave that for the people with better
        knowledge than me. I checked against the Bear In Tree roio (where only
        Breathe reprise is available) and frequencies look different, both not too good).
        -so there was more after all-). I've only created this txt file and an md5 file
        since it came without any info/md5.

Thanks to Dr. Forrester, all credits to him, and special thanks to Nick who first
        noticed it! -gbc​

Comment

I loved Just Add Cones! Has anyone heard from the good doctor lately? The last time I heard from him via email, his interests had expanded to some other prog bands (Possibly King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard?).

Thanks for the happy memory. Will have to see if those demos turn up anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudeFlowers View Post
            I loved Just Add Cones! Has anyone heard from the good doctor lately? The last time I heard from him via email, his interests had expanded to some other prog bands (Possibly King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard?).

Thanks for the happy memory. Will have to see if those demos turn up anywhere!
            I hear from him all the time. Scott's been a good friend for a long time!

Comment

These tracks are on the box compiled by MOB : Dark side of the moon rarities if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Working...
              X