X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Game or New David Gilmour Album?

​ It's coming

​​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/share/7TFv13TKnZvnzM5x/

Intriguing! I do think the chap in the silhouette looks a bit like a flasher with a trench coat which taints it slightly, but still if tour dates are announced it’ll be a drop everything and go job for me!

Comment

I wonder if the person in the silhouette is meant to be a young Gilmour and whether the new album may strike a retrospective tone - after all, Polly’s photographs on Instagram show him with some older equipment which hasn’t been used for while (Yamaha rotating speaker and such), and there was talk of Gilmour listening to the Sheffield 1970 recording to hear his guitar delay sound … but I am purely speculating

Comment

If this is the new album cover, I got to say it. It fucking stinks.

Is it young Gilmour? Even if it is, it looks absolutely nothing like him. This pose doesn't look anything like something David would ever do. I've seen tons of people say it looks more like Ozzy and they are spot on.

This is among the worst PF affiliated album covers I have seen. If it is one.
        Last edited by NuffM; 04-22-2024, 07:58 PM.
        - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

• DaveTheRave
          DaveTheRave commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks similar to the silhouette in the logo for Hamilton.

• Floydophile
          Floydophile commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not familiar with the Hamilton logo, DaveTheRave is referring to. Any hints?

How about we wait and see what it is before getting upset

Comment

Other silhouettes from the archives ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	R-4690741-1372355822-2940.jpg
Views:	1279
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	368271 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2024-04-22-20-37-26.png
Views:	1275
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	368272

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
            If this is the new album cover, I got to say it. It fucking stinks.

Is it young Gilmour? Even if it is, it looks absolutely nothing like him. This pose doesn't look anything like something David would ever do. I've seen tons of people say it looks more like Ozzy and they are spot on.

This is among the worst PF affiliated album covers I have seen. If it is one.
            Boy, you're sure assuming a lot. Why not wait before going on a rant about something we know nothing about?

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

Boy, you're sure assuming a lot. Why not wait before going on a rant about something we know nothing about?
              Dark Side Redux would like a word

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post

Dark Side Redux would like a word
                Nice try. I didn't criticize it before hearing it and I still wish I never did.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
                  Nice try. I didn't criticize it before hearing it and I still wish I never did.
                  I believe several of those words!

It is entirely possible that the timeline in my head has been a bit skewed by the multiple disparaging comments a day from you for weeks on end across multiple forums by the time the full album was released, but I certainly do recall skepticism at best after the first 15-second teaser was posted.

I say this all in good fun, of course. Every community needs that one crotchety guy to actively discourage people from liking what they like, and we love you for it.

Anyway, back on topic, pretty brilliant move on David’s part to get people riled up for… whatever this is supposed to be. Devoid of any solid hints and completely off brand. Hoping for a marble box set. An album with a Pratt/Gadd rhythm section would also be acceptable.
                  Last edited by Emdy; 04-23-2024, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Stranger In Us All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stranger In Us All.jpg
Views:	1235
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	368280

Comment

Can you change the thread title a bit more on topic?

Comment

• Floydophile
                        Floydophile commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ask the mods, since I can't do that.

I'm sure David and Polly are having a laugh at all the speculation this silhouette has started

Comment

It's either Rik Mayall, the shaman from the Learning to Fly video or the fella from the Syb Barrett compilation.

Hopefully it leads to a totally bonkers album rather than a plod along like Rattle that Lock.

Comment

Floydophile - sorry I was referring to the Broadway play Hamilton https://hamiltonmusical.com/new-york/

Comment

• Floydophile
                            Floydophile commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good to know. Similar look indeed.Thx a lot.
                        Working...
                        X