Solar Eclipse North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar Eclipse North America

Am I the only one who will be playing DSOTM?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB1lhaek.img?w=768&h=768&m=6.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	367988

Playing it. Only 85% isn't nearly as dark as it should be. Just slightly dimmed where I'm at.
    What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
    PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
    Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
    Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
    Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Seems my entire state got to experience some lovely cloud cover today. Oh well, next ones only 20 years away, I bet by then I could sync it up with the 17th Wembley 1974 rerelease!

Comment

The eclipse was only 62% where I live in Southwest Colorado, but the sky looked really cool before it peaked..

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010693x.jpg Views:	3 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	368001 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010700x.jpg Views:	3 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	368002 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010710x.jpg Views:	3 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	368003 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010717x.jpg Views:	3 Size:	81.3 KB ID:	368004 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010720x.jpg Views:	3 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	368005

Took these today

Comment

It crossed my mind, but we opted just to listen to how the sounds of nature changed.

I know someone who did play DSOTM, though, and was able to time it so the eclipse began at the last line of Eclipse, which is pretty cool.

Comment

Totality for me, and yes, I did have Dark Side playing.

Comment

Totality, here in Ohio. I was going to sync it up and then my 4 year old wanted to ask a million questions. I found answering all of her questions about it to be way cooler for me. It was amazing to just walk out our back door and look up to see it!

Comment

I only saw the sun become a banana where I am (Southeastern Ohio). Apparently in Cleveland it was a total eclipse but that would require me to go to Cleveland and I'm not doing that.
                Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Where I live it was supposed to be 90% of a full eclipse. It was a bit darker outside (3:25pm ET), similar to way that the sky and light changes before a big storm. Kind of interesting but overall not a big deal. It was a bigger deal at my kid’s school where they were all given those special glasses and went outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post
                    Seems my entire state got to experience some lovely cloud cover today. Oh well, next ones only 20 years away, I bet by then I could sync it up with the 17th Wembley 1974 rerelease!
                    Less than 20. Start planning a vacation (take your pick):
                    - Spain 2026
                    - Egypt 2027
                    - Australia 2028
                    Last edited by DaveTheRave; 04-11-2024, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Here in Buffalo it was very cloudy, I was so sad. I really wanted to see totality. Occasionally we caught a few glimpses through the clouds but totality was totally cloudy. I snapped these few pics and took some video when totality happened. Was still one of the coolest things I've been a part of. There's nothing like the dimming of the sun from an eclipse. Everything just looks different, very hard to explain but I'm sure all of you know what I'm talking about.

Name:	PXL_20240408_184523839.NIGHT.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	368059 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240408_184909828.NIGHT.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	368057 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240408_190254418.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	368058
                      Right before totality

Name:	PXL_20240408_191650240.mp4_snapshot_01.25.077.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	368060
                      Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

• Anredeon
                        Anredeon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Obscured by clouds.. haha, that was obvious.. really nice romantic pictures..

• buffalofloyd
                        buffalofloyd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow, I feel so dumb, why didn't I think of that!!!!!!!???????? Duh lol

Great photos, everyone!

I played “Dark Side” during the 2017 eclipse, timing the “the Sun is eclipsed by the Moon” for the moment of totality (or near-totality where we were). An amazing experience!

Comment

Working...
                      X