Questions about Nick Live At Roundhouse and Roger 2014 The Wall audio CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Nick Live At Roundhouse and Roger 2014 The Wall audio CDs

I have the Bluray versions of both of the items in the subject line and am wondering if the audio CD release for both are continuous music or if they have cuts in them where the band interviews and Roger's road trip are. I know Nick Mason Live at Roundhouse Bluray has an option to play music only but there are very obvious edits when doing that. I don't think there is an option for music only for The Wall Bluray but admittedly haven't dug the Bluray out to check. I am considering purchasing the CDs since they are cheap, but only if they are different than what I can get on the Blurays. Thanks!

both Roundhouse and 2014 The Wall CD versions have different mixes compared with Bluray - and contain continuous music

you still can hear some rare artifacts of the video versions - but it's much better than using the option to play music only

Comment

Thank you for confirming! I was hoping that was the case.

Comment

Roger Waters The Wall is not fully continuous, as it is really just the soundtrack from the film.
        The road trip sections are cut out, but fades, as well as sound effects added later for the movie, are left in place, and almost the entire Outside the Wall has been re-recorded in studio.
        For a true live experience, a good sounding bootleg (of which there are many from this tour) might be preferable.

Comment

• MGoBlue1989
          MGoBlue1989 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the info.

Same question for Us + Them now. Aside from the bonus tracks included on the Bluray, is there a difference between the CD version and Bluray version of the concert?

Comment

• svaerige
          svaerige commented
          Editing a comment
          yes there is

• MGoBlue1989
          MGoBlue1989 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Can you elaborate on the differences?
      Working...
      X