Lukas Nelson - Echoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lukas Nelson - Echoes

Lukas Nelson has been playing Echoes on his current tour. He played it at his Fillmore SF show, in Del Mar, CA, but not in LA last night. I think it's pretty good. Check out the Fillmore version.

Lukas! I used to party with the guys in that band back in the day. Smoked a lot of weed with them. A bunch of really nice guys. Their newer albums haven't really done much for me in the past few years. But their older albums are really fantastic. Happy to see them going from playing in empty clubs, to playing with The Tedeschi Trucks Band at Madison Square Garden....
    Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

Well, that's one of the best versions of Echoes I've ever heard. I hadn't heard of Lukas Nelson before this.
      Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
      Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
      Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
      Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonspudguy View Post
        Well, that's one of the best versions of Echoes I've ever heard. I hadn't heard of Lukas Nelson before this.
        Their best album of original material is probably 'Something Real' from 2016.
        Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

This was great, and I enjoyed it. But whenever I listen to something like this, it makes me remember how truly special Gilmour is.

Comment

This was pretty good. Generally I’m not a fan of covers of Floyd songs but this was good. As was this, if anyone is interested.

Both guitarists are pretty good, but the guy who is doing Clare Tory’s part on slide is AMAZING. It brought me to tears.

Comment

That is pretty cool. I would rather see the big cover bands like Brit Floyd, Aussie Floyd, etc do something like this for a change of pace from the usual backup singer trying to replicate the original.
              What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
              PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
              Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
              Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
              Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

• j.vavala513@gmail.com
                j.vavala513@gmail.com commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree completely. I actually think one of few things Roger has done lately that I wholeheartedly agreed with was for the Lockdown sessions version of “Comfortably Numb” foregoing the guitar solo. I could’ve done with some other approach, but the fact is that every time I see anything of Roger live and he does that song, the solo always disappoints me. Roger has had some fantastic guitarists play with him, but nobody is going to do Justice to David’s Come On Big Bum solo, so why try and fight a fight you’re bound to lose.

If he could find some other angle than (again) just having some backing singer wail on it, I would totally support it.

But this guy playing that incredibly emotive slide guitar instead of the vocal is brilliant for GGITS

• daemonspudguy
                daemonspudguy commented
                Editing a comment
                The first This Is Not A Drill show in Pennsylvania had what sounds like a slide guitar solo in the middle of Comfortably Numb 2022. I'm not sure if any other shows had that but if they did that would be cool.

• daemonspudguy
                daemonspudguy commented
                Editing a comment
                I should mention that I do still think that the version without the solo works very well in the context of the show, which is obviously why it was made in the first place (if you don't believe me, it isn't actually unheard of for Roger to make something specifically for his live shows, the Lockdown Sessions basically were that).
            Working...
            X