Best Amused to Death cassette release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Amused to Death cassette release?

I have to admit that I am not the most active "collector" although I own at least one copy of each Pink Floyd (not including the "Pink Fraud") and Roger Waters album as well as their non-album singles - I am not the type who "needs" to own every single version of every album; normally, one vinyl and one CD copy of each album up to 1983 is enough, but I prefer to get the best pressings of each album that I can afford in the first place.
    However, Amused to Death is my favourite album of all time, so I think I could make an exception for that one.
    Currently, I own a copy of the original CD, the 2015 "new" version (which contains significant differences from the original) and the 1992 LP (the latter of which is one of the most expensive records I own), and all those sound spectacular.
    However, I am curious about the cassette version as well (and, of course the 2015 LP as well, but that one will have to wait for financial reasons).
    I have heard good things about the pre-recorded cassette version of that album, and even heard some who prefer it over the CD, but knowing that pre-recorded cassettes vary tremendously in audio quality, I would like some advice so that I don't make a mistake.
    So which cassette version should I place my bets on? Any particular versions that are recommended, or any to avoid?

Originally posted by ILuvHoney View Post
    "Pink Fraud"
    This is why we can’t have nice things.

Comment

• ILuvHoney
      ILuvHoney commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have any serious input regarding the question that was asked? No? So why are you commenting? Is it just to tell me that I am a prick (pun intended) or did you seriously expect your comment to be helpful in any way?

• geoffers
      geoffers commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol.
      sorry, i've never heard the cassette version of 'amused to death,' although it's my favourite roger solo effort. the cd has always been enough for me. having said that, i listen to 'the division bell' and 'aMLoR' far more than 'amused,' and would simply give the advice that if you don't want crap thrown your way, don't come into the forum throwing crap at something that others here might love? it's a big, pink world, and if your skin is too thin to handle a bit of poking... well, don't wake the bear? but what do i know? ; )

• blauwdruk
      blauwdruk commented
      Editing a comment
      Can we all ease up a bit? Jeez…
Working...
X