No announcement yet.

Favorite sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once Rick hit his stride maximizing all the Farfisa could do with the Binson, it was really off to the races. Virtually everything he did with that gear live and in the studio was such a key ingredient to their sound. Piper was really the only time it sounded so “1967” because by Saucerful/Ummagumma it’s a different beast altogether which is really saying something!

To Rick’s credit and his overall feel, that instrument essentially makes you sound like a garage band from 1965 automatically, and his talents pushed it much further using all the presents and onboard effects. Them revisiting the Farfisa for Dogs says it all. I don’t have one single moment I love, but any iteration of Set The Controls live, Cymbaline, Echoes live, Saucerful live etc etc is excellent.
    Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

I actually really like the bass during the closing guitar solo in Comfortably Numb. I have no idea who is playing it but it's excellent.
      Last edited by daemonspudguy; 06-04-2024, 12:31 AM.
      Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
      Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
      Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
      Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Working...
      X