Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munich 1977 8mm

Hello everyone,

I just uploaded Munich 8mm on my channel, just like the previous upload, the video is unremastered, not even synched.
    It's slightly different than the one released by harvested, as it's a bit longer and unedited. Quality is more or less the same though.​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgyEP4RCFow
    Last edited by Ikhnaton; 02-13-2024, 04:23 PM.

Originally posted by Ikhnaton View Post
    It's slightly different than the one released by harvested, as it's a bit longer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgyEP4RCFow
    And unbutchered.

Comment

Yes, that's the right word !

Comment

Originally posted by Ikhnaton View Post
        Yes, that's the right word !
        Unedited would be more accurate and less opinionated.

Comment

A video from 28/02/77? That's new to me. Thanks a lot.
          If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Originally posted by gotta_be_crazy View Post
            A video from 28/02/77? That's new to me. Thanks a lot.
            from 1977-03-01 1977-03-01 Olympiahalle, München, Westdeutschland - Raving and Drooling

Comment

There's a resynched and upscaled version of this footage as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp2j...kFloydBootlegs

Comment

Awesome! Thanks

Comment

By memory, yes, it should be from March 1st but the HRV release wasn't a montage of photos from the show? I haven't watched that DVD in ages. Anyway I'm not gonna discuss the date if lkhnaton says it's from Feb 28th I don't have any evidence to say a different thing.
                  If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

The film was speculated to be March 1st (missing public audio) for the longest time. Whenever myself or my friends tried our hand at syncing with the 28th, it was accurate 95% of the time but we could not get the first parts of the Money solo to look right (the part where he pans down, zooms in, David slides down). Ultimately, because of this, I was confused because some other shots in the film synced up PERFECTLY with the 28th, but this one goddamn shot in Money was messing everything up. I ditched the project because of that. Something about David's playing was just so unusual and weird.

My friend Jake was playing around with an alternative copy we had back in the Summer, and he actually found the moment that it synced to; confirming that this film is, indeed, February 28th 1977. The entire film is syncable, and me and my team have synced all of it before - the only obstacle we have now is the colours. If you isolate each RGB channel on some shots, it's literally inverted. I understand that this is sourced from a telecine that was then slapped onto tape, but it has to be one of the worst cases of colour information getting messed up between copying that I have ever laid my eyes on.

We would like to put out this synced version but maaaan. We really want it to look different from the original, but it's so hard to fix it. I have yet to see another group or individual to get this syncing 100% correct, so maybe we'll just make the most basic adjustments and put it out like that - I have no idea.

Really hoping that the original 2-cartridge reel gets a high resolution scan by Nicki Coyle (thenegative.space) at some point in the future. Aside from the colour problems, it's also just extremely cropped. A new transfer would look absolutely incredible. Let's hope
                    Last edited by NuffM; 02-15-2024, 04:01 PM.
                    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

......will also be available in HD ?????

Comment

Originally posted by karol View Post
                        ......will also be available in HD ?????
                        One can only dream of a hi res scan of this footage.
                        - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Working...
                        X