New Rotterdam 67 source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rotterdam 67 source?

Saw this on a Floyd FB fan page. Not sure if this link can work for everyone (https://www.facebook.com/groups/9869...0249114536194/), but the guy claims that his mix tape has better quality audio than what circulates.

He claims that Rotterdam tracks are low Gen from master stereo transfers from a Grundig reel and also that some of the other tracks sound better than what circulates. Anyone have knowledge of this tape? I asked if he was willing to share but haven't received a comment back.

Thought I was pass this along. ​

I saw this post and have serious doubts about his sound quality claims.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
      I saw this post and have serious doubts about his sound quality claims.
      Without having seen the original post yet this reminds me of my late 1980s/early 1990s record fair experiences.
      Whatever the sexy shit was, that I pulled out of the box labeled "PINK FLOYD" I asked the guy behind the stand: "Is it a good recording?", and I always got the answer: "That's a beautiful recording!". One houor later and 40-80 Deutschmarks lesser I found myself in front of my record player almost drowning in tears thinking: "You've got fucked and fooled another time!".
      One of those moments was the first (and one of the last) listens to this Rotterdam show. This LP is one huge noise!
      Getting into DC Hubs and later Y! lead to a bunch of revelations, of course.
      This show is great, but it's a tragedy equal to Birmingham 1970-02-11 or Croydon 1970-01-18.
      I know Rolf Ossenberg has been after these shows for years, and we all know he uncovered a lot of hot stuff for the community, but on these shows he bit his teeth out.
      Better sources keep slowly getting uncovered, but I think there will never be a good source...

Comment

I can’t see the original Facebook post that was linked above, but it seems this person is back making the same claims of a stereo Rotterdam tape.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9533...ibextid=W9rl1R

In the comments they said they “will try to” post a version for download. I’m not optimistic that this will be anything noteworthy but who knows.

Comment

I would love to be proven wrong, but the existing Rotterdam '67 recording sounds like it went onto tape hot, in mono. It doesn't sound, to my ears, like a high generation tape. It sounds like a hastily captured recording on primitive equipment of a band playing loud on primitive equipment. This isn't the path to untapped high fidelity.

Comment

Working...
          X