• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vienna 77 8mm low gen

Hello everyone,

I just uploaded this on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGk5v2NfIFs

Not a hd scan, but better than nothing !
    Last edited by Ikhnaton; 02-06-2024, 08:49 AM.

Understandably the higher resolution has not yet loaded, but I already have to say that I'm not a fan of how dark it was made. The raw is definitely a purple-ish VHS fade, and this was — in my opinion — an overkill attempt to get rid of that. Hopefully a version will surface without the crushed blacks, as you can not see anything here really. You can see more in higher gen raws.

Thanks for sharing regardless.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Something went wrong with the upload, the video should’nt be that dark !

Comment

Video is now removed, I’ll reupload it later with a different codec to avoid this effect.

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
          Understandably the higher resolution has not yet loaded, but I already have to say that I'm not a fan of how dark it was made. The raw is definitely a purple-ish VHS fade, and this was — in my opinion — an overkill attempt to get rid of that. Hopefully a version will surface without the crushed blacks, as you can not see anything here really. You can see more in higher gen raws.

Thanks for sharing regardless.
          You should have read the description, nothing was done to the video apart from the very obvious upscale to avoid youtube recompression.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikhnaton View Post
            You should have read the description, nothing was done to the video apart from the very obvious upscale to avoid youtube recompression.
            This capture from the "untouched 1st gen" you showed my server a year or two ago says otherwise !
            Attached Files
            - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Ok cool story bro, but it's a bug from youtube, that's why I'm reuploading the video.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGk5v2NfIFs
                It's better now ! I hope the "HD" version will look good.

Comment

Many thanks to you for sharing. It's great to see film footage coming out of people's personal collections at anytime, in any condition. The visual quality can always be improved in time.

Comment

Thanks looking forward to checking it out!

Comment

This is great!! Thank you!!

Comment

......will also be available in HD ?????

Comment

Working...
                        X