Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One In A Million/Rush in a Million/Brush Your Window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One In A Million/Rush in a Million/Brush Your Window?

I've had something on my mind ever since I heard September 13th, 1967 years and years ago. Just what in gods name is this song called? It's been labeled a million different things ever since the tape surfaced, such as One in a Million, Rush in a Million, Once in a Million, Rust in A Million etc etc, and I'm really stumped with what to call it.

If you have your theories or evidence for it's name, please feel free to share! I'd love to see what others in the community have to share regarding this years long debate into this mysterious song.

I could have sworn that there was a published setlist from an early gig that included this title and Flapdoodle Dealing. Now I can't seem to find it.

One printed reference to the title is in the book Random Precision, page 214-215, referring to the Copenhagen gig from 9/13/67. The author states the title as One In A Million" and discusses the performance.That's what I could find quickly.

Comment

Now we all have access to ok-sounding copies of that show, I think it's fairly clear from Roger's introduction and the first line of the vocal that it's One in a Million. All the other titles are just cloth-eared bootleggers mishearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by marksturdy View Post
        Now we all have access to ok-sounding copies of that show, I think it's fairly clear from Roger's introduction and the first line of the vocal that it's One in a Million. All the other titles are just cloth-eared bootleggers mishearing it.
        I agree, it does sound like One in A Million. But the main problem I think a lot of people have is the opening lyric, "Would you like to be _", which does not sound like it at all. Maybe it's just a Roger mannerism where he sings it weird?

Comment

Originally posted by Swirling Panpot View Post
          I could have sworn that there was a published setlist from an early gig that included this title and Flapdoodle Dealing. Now I can't seem to find it.

One printed reference to the title is in the book Random Precision, page 214-215, referring to the Copenhagen gig from 9/13/67. The author states the title as One In A Million" and discusses the performance.That's what I could find quickly.
          So strange, thank you for the quick info. I remember seeing a signed by Syd setlist from circa 1967 and it NOT having the song, which makes this even more frustrating...

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla1973 View Post

I agree, it does sound like One in A Million. But the main problem I think a lot of people have is the opening lyric, "Would you like to be _", which does not sound like it at all. Maybe it's just a Roger mannerism where he sings it weird?
            I hear the lyric as "would you like to be one in a million".

Comment

I have tried many times to transcribe the lyrics by listening over and over and over, word for word. But it seems impossible to know exactly what's being sung. So any guess is as good as mine I suppose. Unless someone figures a way to make the vocals stand out more clearly, then maybe it would be possible.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...Cd_0&fs=e&s=cl

Comment

• Demamo
                  Demamo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, this is great! Thanks for sharing

This is pretty awesome! Thank you very much for bringing it here! There's a link to their website and an EP with a pretty solid rendition of Seabirds too.

https://theflowermachine.bandcamp.co...y-windmills-ep
                Last edited by MGoBlue1989; 02-02-2024, 01:33 PM. Reason: Added link to EP with Seabirds

Comment

Working...
                X